Space Force is a horrible show (but it still was kinda funny at times)

Started by Legend, Jun 08, 2020, 04:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I watched it back at release so these aren't hot takes.

The good: it's a tv show with some funny moments.

The horrible: it dumbs down the viewer.

So many people think it's a good satire show and has something to say, yet it is so off base with everything related to space. The Office worked because people understand working in an office. Parts of space force work because people understand working in the military. No one on this show understands space.

To be clear, I am not upset about it getting stuff wrong. One scene showed an Indian rocket yet used video of a Russian rocket for example. That is dumb but doesn't really matter.

I'm talking about moments where the show grossly misunderstands space and then pats itself on the back. In the first episode Steve Carell ignores all his engineers and launches a rocket to impress visiting members of congress. The show uses this as an example of how smart Steve Carell's character is because the launch worked, even though when the exact same thing happened in real life it killed 7 humans.

Every episode has stuff like this.

kitler53

i only watched 1 episode and i didn't particularly care for it.

too much "trump" imo.  a sitcom that spends more time reminding me how infuriated I am our our government than making me laugh was not fun for me.  i might still watch it but probably not.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens