PSVR impressions, Moss and Astrobot Thread!

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 24, 2018, 05:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Yeah Astrobot is fantastic.  Gorgeous environments.  Moss is pretty awesome too.  It's a fun little game and is a nice change of pace from AC odyssey and RDR 2

Dr. Pezus

Not too concerned about that.  

I still have cords for everything.  :D
I actually just got the Oculus controllers this year.  
Really opened up the door for a lot of great games for me to get.  

What do you think of VR?  
It's really awesome. I had only tried Samsung gear before and that was cool but psvr is way better

Dr. Pezus

Rush of blood. Holy shame. I was standing in the rollercoaster

Astro Bot is the shame!

Xevross

VR worlds is fun so far, didn't get much time to play though. Gonna try all VR worlds has to offer then move onto Astro Bot, maybe tomorrow depending on how much I can take. Once I'm done with Astro Bot I have Moss, Doom and Tetris Effect (which I'm getting from my dad in a few days). Also have GT Sport to play in VR too, which I played a bit of and is actually really fun and not nauseating at all. Lots to do and give impressions on!

Dr. Pezus

Dec 26, 2018, 12:46 AM Last Edit: Dec 26, 2018, 01:30 AM by Dr. Pezus
Yeah I've not felt any nausea at all. Been playing 1-2 hours each time

Does psvr actually save me from my gf wanting to watch her shows? Can I play while she watches TV shows on the same TV?

the-pi-guy

Does psvr actually save me from my gf wanting to watch her shows? Can I play while she watches TV shows on the same TV?
Yeah.  You don't need the TV.  You can play psvr without it.  

the-pi-guy

At first I had the "this is a screen on my face" feeling with astrobot.   But level 1-3 changed that.  I love levels like that, really makes me feel like I am somewhere else.  

Xevross

London Heist was awesome, shame it was so short. Would love to play more stuff like that.

Just did world 1 in Astro Bot and oh my goodness that was amazing. Absolutely loved it. At first the moving camera made me feel a bit queasy but I got used to it fairly quickly. Oh man, I can see why so many people have been raving about this now.

Dr. Pezus

London Heist was awesome, shame it was so short. Would love to play more stuff like that.

Just did world 1 in Astro Bot and oh my goodness that was amazing. Absolutely loved it. At first the moving camera made me feel a bit queasy but I got used to it fairly quickly. Oh man, I can see why so many people have been raving about this now.
They actually have a full game coming. Don't remember the name right now

Astro bot is like playing 3d Mario in 3d

the-pi-guy

I'm not sure if it's because of the tracking or something else.  

But I haven't really had the same kind of feeling with the PSVR as I've had with the Rift.  

It's been a long time since I've had the "this is just a screen" feeling.

Dr. Pezus

I'm not sure if it's because of the tracking or something else.  

But I haven't really had the same kind of feeling with the PSVR as I've had with the Rift.  

It's been a long time since I've had the "this is just a screen" feeling.
Haven't had this feeling. Is it a good fit on you?

the-pi-guy

Haven't had this feeling.
It never felt like a screen?  

s it a good fit on you?
It's amazing when you forget it's a headset.  

Played more Astrobot.  
Second world seems like the levels are a bit longer.  

Dr. Pezus

It never felt like a screen?  

It's amazing when you forget it's a headset.  

Played more Astrobot.  
Second world seems like the levels are a bit longer.  
Well I don't forget it lulz but it doesn't feel like a screen

the-pi-guy

On a little bit of a different note.  It's so cool how VR perception has changed.  It's gotten vastly more positive on Era.  

The complainers went from like 1 in 5 to 1 in 100.  

Xevross

Astro Bot is so fudgy amazing. Its definitely going to replace Celeste as at least my #3 GOTY and depending on how it goes I'm already having thoughts of how it compares to the top two. It just puts a smile on my face and is pure joy to play, in a way that only Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 and Odyssey have managed before.

Go Up