TFK: Do you like making buildings block by block, wall by wall, or just stamping a completed building?

Started by Legend, Oct 21, 2019, 09:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Not sure how to handle it in The Forged Kingdoms. I tend to dislike block by block and wall by wall building.

the-pi-guy

Assuming you are thinking of this the way that I would.  

It's all a balancing act.  

Block by block:
Pro: complete control of building.  
Con: Can be hugely time consuming and takes away from the gameplay, especially if/when you include resource gathering

Stamping house:
Pro: not really time consuming
Con:  No control over the building.  

Wall by wall:
compromise of time and control.  Less time consuming than block by block, more than stamping.  More control than stamping, less control than block by block.  

I don't really know if I have a preference.  
I don't really like how time consuming block by block can be, but I do enjoy having the ability to decide what my buildings look like.

Legend

Inspired by my love of roller coaster games, I'm thinking of maybe doing splines and blueprints. Feels like the best of both worlds.

New buildings can be designed from scratch with a CAD like editor. Draw the walls, place doors, etc. It's all as fast as possible with a preview of the building as you work.

When building a building, a blueprint is stamped down and construction is more or less passive. You just gather the materials as you see fit.