E3 youtube views and analysis 2019

Started by Legend, Jun 07, 2019, 10:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Uhm Avengers is already at almost 13m. Vote only just over 1m
In the hours since my post, Zelda slowed down.

These only compare the top official uploads for both games, but it's still pretty obvious that Zelda is falling back and would need something unexpected to reach #1.

Avengers had that big unexpected spike. Again this is just one upload so Avengers isn't actually ahead of Cyberpunk launch aligned once multiple views are counted, but it could get there.

Xevross

Anyone else think CDPR are approaching Rockstar levels of fame? Their name means a lot and its growing every day especially with this Keanu stuff and how big Cyberpunk has been last two E3s. Can't wait to see how much the game sells, gonna be huge.

Legend

Anyone else think CDPR are approaching Rockstar levels of fame? Their name means a lot and its growing every day especially with this Keanu stuff and how big Cyberpunk has been last two E3s. Can't wait to see how much the game sells, gonna be huge.
Their rise to fame is one for the history books.

I remember back when Witcher was a 360 exclusive and and in general it was relegated to a middle ground game. Something that had fans sure, but nothing that demanded the industry's attention. Before I realised it was happening, Witcher 3 was getting mondo attention and struck at the perfect time as a next gen showcase.

The game was definitely incredibly good but I'd argue 50% of CDPR's recent success is their brilliant marketing/business strategies. I agree that they are approaching Rockstar levels of fame but the most crazy thing in my opinion is that 90% of their fans have only played a single game from them. They skipped all the intermittent stages that every other super dev has needed to take.

Legend

Woah what the frick?

Pokemon has one of the most hated videos. What did the game do?

the-pi-guy

Woah what the frick?

Pokemon has one of the most hated videos. What did the game do?
They limited what pokemon you can have, apparently on the basis of wanting to make it easier to balance.  

Basically it's limited to the regional pokedex.  

Which is a terrible decision for a franchise that has had the tagline "Gotta catch them all" for the past 20 years.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-from-pok%C3%AAmon-home-can-be-transferred-to-sword-shield-only-if-in-galar-pok%C3%A9dex.122523/

Xevross

They limited what pokemon you can have, apparently on the basis of wanting to make it easier to balance.  

Basically it's limited to the regional pokedex.  

Which is a terrible decision for a franchise that has had the tagline "Gotta catch them all" for the past 20 years.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-from-pok%C3%AAmon-home-can-be-transferred-to-sword-shield-only-if-in-galar-pok%C3%A9dex.122523/
Yeah, people are pissed. I didn't really care since its not a feature I use anyway, so I was surprised to see the backlash to this. I understand why people who play the game for months doing breeding/ competitive play are upset by this though.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, people are pissed. I didn't really care since its not a feature I use anyway, so I was surprised to see the backlash to this. I understand why people who play the game for months doing breeding/ competitive play are upset by this though.
A lot of people are also concerned because it could mean their favorite pokemon might not be in the game.  

I've been really big about collecting as many pokemon as I can.  Not that I've ever caught them all, or even close.  It's still an important part of the game for me, and it always upset me that certain pokemon were basically unobtainable unless you went to an event or something.

I've lost a lot of interest because of this news.  

Zammy

What's with using the Gears 5 cutscene with 20,000 views instead of the GameSpot one with 200,000+ views?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1XsSihXBE&t=5s

Legend

What's with using the Gears 5 cutscene with 20,000 views instead of the GameSpot one with 200,000+ views?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1XsSihXBE&t=5s
Thanks. Videos that didn't premiere during a show are harder to find. Added to the tracker.

Dr. Pezus

Cyberpunk tho?

I'm surprised by the crazy like/dislike ratio for sims4 expansion. Was expecting it to get hammered
I do think Avengers has a good chance of being #1-2, depending on how hype it looks

If it's just a CG trailer I doubt it
Avengers is not that loved. It's huge but hasn't had the same impact as Spiderman's trailer so far. I think botw2 will be first.
Uhm

Go Up