Casa Bonita (South Park) was my favorite restaurant as a child

Started by Legend, Jul 30, 2020, 04:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It was legit amazing from the moment you pulled up to the moment you left. I even enjoyed the food.

I literally have fond memories waiting outside at the fountain, waiting inside at the start of the line, waiting inside at the middle of the line, grabbing napkins in the line, watching the food magically appear from the wall, sliding the food tray all the way to the end instead of picking it up, hiding in black bart's cave underneath a bridge, the crazy dragon in the same area, the animal dioramas, the magic room, the caves, the cliff diving, and the take one candy bowl on the way out for kids.

Anyone else ever go or even know about it?

Legend

I'm just having a nostalgia moment haha.

kitler53

my experience was very different because I went there only as an adult.   my brother lived outside denver for a while so he took my family there.

i remember the non-descript strip mall parking lot thinking what the fudge is my brother talking about.   i remember the menu lacking options and the food being terrible.   i remember workers all being high schoolers do their thing with an attitude that made me think this place was more of a high school hang out then a job.  i remember the cliff diver being hot.  my kids loved the place and i can see why,.. it's like a slightly ghetto version of disney world.  but like disney world,.. the real magic of the place is a child's imagination.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

my experience was very different because I went there only as an adult.   my brother lived outside denver for a while so he took my family there.

i remember the non-descript strip mall parking lot thinking what the fudge is my brother talking about.   i remember the menu lacking options and the food being terrible.   i remember workers all being high schoolers do their thing with an attitude that made me think this place was more of a high school hang out then a job.  i remember the cliff diver being hot.  my kids loved the place and i can see why,.. it's like a slightly ghetto version of disney world.  but like disney world,.. the real magic of the place is a child's imagination.
I've been there a few times as an adult and still thought it was cool, but yeah definitely no magic haha. Hopefully they survive the pandemic so I can go with my own kids one day.

(don't you disrespect Disney though. Certain parts of the parks are pure works of art)

kitler53

I've been there a few times as an adult and still thought it was cool, but yeah definitely no magic haha. Hopefully they survive the pandemic so I can go with my own kids one day.

(don't you disrespect Disney though. Certain parts of the parks are pure works of art)
it's not disrespect but as an adult must of the attractions are pretty lame.  its the kind of thing that can only really be appreciated with a child's imagination.   my kids loved disney world and i'll go back if the pandemic ever ends but i can't say i enjoyed the attractions myself.  what i enjoyed was watching my kids excitement.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens