Is Taylor Swift the biggest movie theater star?

Started by Legend, Sep 26, 2023, 02:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

i mean, i think the appeal is easy to see.  her music is good and she's attractive.  there's really no wonder why people like her.

...i think the more accurate question is why does she have such broad appeal.   in a world where there are literally tens of thousands of artists you could be listening too why soo much concentration on her.    frankly, i dunno.   but i like her too.  not my favorite,.. i'm not spending 5k to see her in concert but i wouldn't turn down reasonably priced tickets either.   i watched her netflix special.    while i'm not going to the theatre to see her "movie" it's not because i don't want to go it is because wife/kid want to make this a female thing.    

maybe that's my answer to my previous question.   she's viewed as a symbol of feminism.  a massive success in a male dominated world and something to be inspired by.

I think it's because she doesn't seem fake. And she is attractive, but not too attractive that women hate her. I think she is, at least to women, relatable.

SWORDF1SH

@top - not really.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/08/taylor-swift-instagram-post-endorsement-democrats-tennessee

this was made with an endorsement of 2 democrats.

not sure how she escaped conservative's cancel culture fury on that one.  i thought for sure the conservatives would abandon her after that but it seemed to be the opposite.   i think this moment actually increased her popularity especially among women.  only men seemed to be outraged by her statement/endorcement which probably didn't hurt her much because she's a very female idol.  

@bottom - like,.. that's noble but dumb of you.   at least in my area the reseller's profits where in the thousands per ticket.   really easy money.

O shame, that must be the only time, right? But what said isn't that outrageous, it's showing support while at the same time not attacking Republican supporters. It was well constructed statement that is powerful but not pissing many people off. I think what she is saying is what most people want.

And yes it's nice to make extra money but I'm not going to resell tickets at a higher price to desperate people. It's scummy af.

kitler53

O shame, that must be the only time, right? But what said isn't that outrageous, it's showing support while at the same time not attacking Republican supporters. It was well constructed statement that is powerful but not pissing many people off. I think what she is saying is what most people want.

And yes it's nice to make extra money but I'm not going to resell tickets at a higher price to desperate people. It's scummy af.
i am certain it was her first time.  i'm not certain if it was her last time.  to the best of my knowledge she said and resaid that in the 2020 election but has not make any additional political statements since the election ended.  

and i do agree with you,.. she and her team very carefully crafted her message to be on-point but not too inflammatory.   still,.. as you can see in the headline of that article for a conservative leaning website there was a brief moment of cancel culture trying to end her career that just didn't happen.   i was surprised as anyone to be honest.  

i think it really helps that she said what she stands for not what she's against.   ...a thing i wish happened A LOT more often in politics these days.   it probably also helped her that the democrats she endorsed were from her home state and she didn't comment (directly) on the national election.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

I think it's because she doesn't seem fake. And she is attractive, but not too attractive that women hate her. I think she is, at least to women, relatable.
Ah that does make sense. I always thought she wasn't even that attractive and her music was nothing special

Legend

the-pi-guy

Taylor Swift’s Concert Film Is the Future of Moviegoing, Says Christopher Nolan | Vanity Fair

As Taylor Swift's Eras concert film continues to electrify the October box office, filmmakers like Christopher Nolan are praising the pop star's business acumen--and predicting how the success of her project, distributed outside the studio system, could revolutionize moviegoing.

At a recent event for his film Oppenheimer, Nolan spoke about the possibilities opened up by Swift's unorthodox release model. "Taylor Swift is about to show the studios, because her concert film is not being distributed by the studios, it's being distributed by a theater owner, AMC, and it's going to make an enormous amount of money," said the filmmaker, who shifted from his longtime home of Warner Bros. to Universal for his latest film. "And this is the thing: This is a format, this is a way of seeing things and sharing stories, or sharing experiences, that's incredibly valuable. And if they don't want it, somebody else will. So that's just the truth of it."

kitler53

kitler53

Legend

Dr. Pezus

I simply don't understand her lmao

Legend

Going to the superbowl.

Sure kansas city won the superbowl last year, but this is an obvious conspiracy to increase nfl popularity!

Go Up