Twisty Puzzle Simulator OT: piece by piece

Started by Legend, Oct 23, 2018, 03:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Awesome stuff.  

Legend

Except for some content here and there, the campaign is all there.

I just need to juice everything up and then do some QA.

Legend

Clouds were unimaginably hard to get good looking in both 2D and VR, so I flooded the castle.

the-pi-guy

Awesome.  :o

Gets better with every picture.

;D

Legend

Awesome.  :o

Gets better with every picture.

;D
Well it better not be getting worse!

the-pi-guy

Dec 16, 2018, 12:40 AM Last Edit: Dec 17, 2018, 01:19 AM by the-pi-guy
Well it better not be getting worse!
I just think seeing the progress being made is cool! 

xaex

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for making Twisty Puzzle Simulator for the PS4, and thank you for not making it PSVR only (I don't own one yet). I've been collecting/twisting puzzles for 25+ years and was hoping someone would make a game like this (for consoles, I stopped PC gaming years ago).  I seriously can't stop playing this game, there are a bunch of puzzles that I will probably never be able to solve but I'll keep trying. The 4x4x4 is my all time favorite puzzle to solve, I'm so glad it's in the game ;D.

It's awesome to see that you are adding more content to the game, I can't wait to try the update(s). If you ever add some new puzzles, it would be nice to see some "easier" puzzles for those who find a 3x3x3 a bit daunting and some other well know shapes/sized puzzles (like the Pyramid). My wishlist for puzzles would be:
• 1x1x3
• 2x2x3
• 3x3x2
• 2x2 Dodecahedron
• 2x2 Pyramid
• 3x3 Pyramid

I've only seen 6 instances of codes hidden within the game, and figured out a bunch more (19 codes total so far). Is it ok if I post the codes I have here in the forums?

Also, can you give me any clues on the codes for:
• Tricky Tower (I figured out the code once, but couldn't remember what it was after I unlocked it :'( )
• 96 Cube
• Imposter Cube
• Corner Cube
• Mike's Mixup
• 2x2x2 Squared
• Mike's Jumble

Also, any hints on how to decipher:
CATAMARAN
LOCOMOTOR

Xevross

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for making Twisty Puzzle Simulator for the PS4, and thank you for not making it PSVR only (I don't own one yet). I've been collecting/twisting puzzles for 25+ years and was hoping someone would make a game like this (for consoles, I stopped PC gaming years ago).  I seriously can't stop playing this game, there are a bunch of puzzles that I will probably never be able to solve but I'll keep trying. The 4x4x4 is my all time favorite puzzle to solve, I'm so glad it's in the game ;D.

It's awesome to see that you are adding more content to the game, I can't wait to try the update(s). If you ever add some new puzzles, it would be nice to see some "easier" puzzles for those who find a 3x3x3 a bit daunting and some other well know shapes/sized puzzles (like the Pyramid). My wishlist for puzzles would be:
• 1x1x3
• 2x2x3
• 3x3x2
• 2x2 Dodecahedron
• 2x2 Pyramid
• 3x3 Pyramid

I've only seen 6 instances of codes hidden within the game, and figured out a bunch more (19 codes total so far). Is it ok if I post the codes I have here in the forums?

• Tricky Tower (I figured out the code once, but couldn't remember what it was after I unlocked it :'( )
• 96 Cube
• Imposter Cube
• Corner Cube
• Mike's Mixup
• 2x2x2 Squared
• Mike's Jumble

CATAMARAN
LOCOMOTOR

I'd like to add that I think easier puzzles would be a great idea. It'd help ease people like me into it, since I barely play these and don't have much experience. I get that you're making scenarios where the puzzle is setup almost complete and stuff like that, but I think simpler puzzles would be even better. Solving those would still feel like you're making progress and solving proper puzzles, rather than completing some sort of tutorial.

Also just more puzzles in general can only be a good thing, right? :P

Legend

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for making Twisty Puzzle Simulator for the PS4, and thank you for not making it PSVR only (I don't own one yet). I've been collecting/twisting puzzles for 25+ years and was hoping someone would make a game like this (for consoles, I stopped PC gaming years ago).  I seriously can't stop playing this game, there are a bunch of puzzles that I will probably never be able to solve but I'll keep trying. The 4x4x4 is my all time favorite puzzle to solve, I'm so glad it's in the game ;D.

• 1x1x3
• 2x2x3
• 3x3x2
• 2x2 Dodecahedron
• 2x2 Pyramid
• 3x3 Pyramid

• 96 Cube
• Imposter Cube
• Corner Cube
• Mike's Mixup
• 2x2x2 Squared
• Mike's Jumble

CATAMARAN
LOCOMOTOR

I'm really glad you enjoy it!

This next update adds a 1x2x2, a 2x3x3 like puzzle without the corner pieces, and a pyramid puzzle. Easing players into solving the harder twisty puzzles is my primary goal at the moment.

I'm encouraging players to share the codes online so go ahead  ;D ! Some of the codes are really difficult to get so I wouldn't expect every player to find all of them on their own.

Just as a general hint for some of those puzzles and since I just watched Christopher Robin, "Doing nothing often leads to the very best something."

To decipher the cipher, it helps to notice how both words have the same amount of letters.

I'd like to add that I think easier puzzles would be a great idea. It'd help ease people like me into it, since I barely play these and don't have much experience. I get that you're making scenarios where the puzzle is setup almost complete and stuff like that, but I think simpler puzzles would be even better. Solving those would still feel like you're making progress and solving proper puzzles, rather than completing some sort of tutorial.

Also just more puzzles in general can only be a good thing, right? :P
I'm not making scenarios like that, I'm adding easier puzzles  :P

I guess it's time to detail this update!

The campaign is broken up into sections/levels with ~4 puzzles each. In order to progress on to the next section, the player needs enough stars. This way the player starts with only a handful of puzzles and isn't overwhelmed.

Every puzzle has three different variations based off how the stickers are applied to the puzzle. The harder variations are locked until the easier variations are solved. Variation 3 is the fully stickered puzzle.

Only three stars are needed in this opening area to unlock the gate and progress. The player is free to return to this area at any time to try the harder variations and collect those stars.

Coins are also earned every time a puzzle is solved, giving players a benefit to solving the same puzzle variation multiple times. A limited number of stars can be bought with coins so players can use that as an alternative way to progress on to the next level.

Players without any puzzle experience, twisty or otherwise, should be able to progress past both the first and second levels without too much difficulty. The third level also has some fairly easy variation 1 puzzles but by that point the player needs to also start solving variation 2 puzzles in order to have enough stars to continue.

Also this campaign will be completely optional. Players will still have the ability to free select puzzles like they do in the current game.

xaex

Dec 17, 2018, 11:08 AM Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 12:37 AM by xaex Reason: Added new code to list
Wow, the game keeps looking better and better with each screen grab :) .

I couldn't find any codes for the game anywhere online so I messed around with a bunch of code variations and here's what I've found so far:

PUZZLECODE TO ACCESSWHERE CODE CAN BE FOUND
Mole CubeU U D D L L R R O XScrolls in the Background of Puzzle Selection Screen ?
Slice CubeU U U L L L O O O XFound in 3x3x3 Stats
Baby Infinity CubeD L L R R R O XFound 'coded' on the side of the Mole Cube's orange center
Infinity CubeU D D L L L R R R R O XFound 'coded' on the side of the Mole Cube's orange center
Master Infinity CubeU U D D D L L L L R R R R R O XFound 'coded' on the side of the Mole Cube's orange center
Fragment CubeU U U U D D D D O XFound inside Sol 17
Corruption CubeU U U D D D U U U D D D O XFound inside Sol 25
Binary CorruptionsU U D D U U D D U U D D O XFound in the RWB Corner of Luna 25
Magic 3x3x3s AU D L R U D L R O X
Magic 3x3x3s BU D L R U D L R O U D L R O XFound on one of the Mole Cube's eyes
4x4x4U R D L U R D L O X
4x4x4 with Super Edges!U L D R U R D L O X
Bandaged 48 CubeO O O L L L U U U O X
Checkerboard MixupO O O O O O X
Checkerboard Mixup PlusO O O O O O D O X
Binary Checkerboard PlanetsO O O O O O D D D O X
BubbleU O U O U O U O X
Chop-O-MaticU U D D L R L R O X
• Imposter CubeR L R L D D U U O X
• Corner CubeL O R O U O D O XFound 'coded' on one of the Mole Cube's eyes
• 1x3x3O L O O O L O O O XFound via Version 1.06 Update History
• 1x3x3 SuperO L O O O L O O O R O XFound via Version 1.06 Update History
• 2x4x4 SuperO O L O O O O L O O O O R O XFound via Version 1.06 Update History
• Stubby PentagonU L D R U L D R O X
• PentultimateL L L L L L L L L O X
• Tricky TowerD U D U R R L L O X
• 1x2x2O U U L L O X
• Strange 3x3x3L L U U O O X
• DodecahedronU L D R U L D R O U L D R O X
• Mixup Cube Plus 2O O O O O O D D O XFound BY RandomG
• 2x2x2 SquaredD D R U U L D D R U U L O XFound BY RandomG

All codes are input at the Puzzle Selection Screen.

I'd also like to note the with the current version of the game the L1 button also = UP, the OPTIONS button = DOWN, the SQUARE button = LEFT, and the TRIANGLE button = RIGHT.

The "CATAMARAN LOCOMOTOR" is found on one of the Mole Cube's eyes. I've tried replacing the C A T N with variations of U D L R and leaving the M as the "middle", but no luck so far. I have some other ways in mind that I'll try out.

I guess the Mole Cube code appears if you stay idle on the Puzzle Selection Screen? I can't seem to get it to show up again after inputting the code and solving the puzzle.

Hope everyone has fun with the new puzzles :) I'm having a blast with them (especially the 4x4x4, 4x4x4 with Super Edges!, Bubble and Dodecahedron).

EDIT: Just noticed that I said "1x1x3" in my previous post, I meant "1x3x3" ;D

Legend

You've done a really good job finding them so far!

The mole cube code only shows up if you have solved at least one puzzle but haven't found the mole cube yet. I didn't want it to become repetitive/annoying and show up every single time.

xaex

Found a new code for the Imposter Cube:    R L R L D D U U O X
Almost skipped it as the normal 3x3x3 until I scrambled it ;)
I added the code to the list in my previous post.

Legend

Twisty Puzzle Simulator on Steam

Twisty Puzzle Simulator is now available to wishlist on Steam.

Legend

Either there is an exploit or I made the platinum too easy!

Congrats to the first Puzzle Master!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xevross

Either there is an exploit or I made the platinum too easy!

Congrats to the first Puzzle Master!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there's one thing I've learned from games involving puzzles its that people always seem to solve them way faster than the creators thought they would.

Go Up