TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Yeah clearly cause as a fan, this isn't really where i was expecting them to take it.  If this was pure fanfiction i don't think there would be this big of a negative reaction to how the finale ended, but maybe i'm wrong. So many people seemed to have had their minds made up of how they wanted it to go.  Everything up until the finale the last couple seasons was pure fanfiction, imo.  Execution was by far the worst thing for this season, but that's mostly D&D wanting to basically jump ship.

But, we'll just agree to disagree
Well you're completely misunderstanding the backlash. The backlash is mostly from the hardcore fans, who never cared exactly how it ended, as long as it was great and well written. Its these people who are upset.

The fan fiction is towards the crowd who were all wanting a happy ending and dying to see shame like Arya fudgy Gendry, Sansa becoming Queen of the North, all the stark kids being alive and happy as well as everyone else like Bronn, Davos, Brienne etc. The people who tweet going "yaaaaaaas queen" when a character does something badass like Arya killing NK. The people who seem to forget about previous seasons and all the build up.

And yes agreed the last couple seasons has been mostly fanfiction, I was just willing to forgive it if the ending delivered but it hasn't.