Would you go for a PlayStation Deck?

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 25, 2021, 10:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I don't think it's very realistic, but considering the Switch success and the interest in the upcoming Steam Deck, as well as the fact that developers are having to make games that are deployable to so many different consoles (Series S|X, One, One X, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5), it feels like it might make some kind of sense to talk about this.  

Would you be interested in a PlayStation 5 Deck, ala Steam Deck?  

Its not realistic to expect a PS Vita 2, but what about a Steam Deck like device?  

I don't think that's realistic due to the Steam Deck still being weaker than the Series S, but what would you think?

Legend

No.

I'd love for them to make one, but I hardly ever have time for portable gaming nowadays. Maybe Sony should wait till self driving cars are common  :P

kitler53

that's what I wanted back in the day with vita.  same game library at lower specs.  but they fumbled it by not making game ports easy enough and not having a 1:1 control scheme. 

...but these days I don't commute so I have no need.  ps remote play takes care of my one mobile gaming need,.. playing at my mother-in-law's house at holidays. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens