PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

i'd mostly play locally.  

for me this is mostly for vacations.   so like when i find myself at my mother-in-laws for a week at xmas and currently i remote play my ps5 via my ipad.   it works but there is a lost of jank having the remote play app turn the ps5 on connect to it remotely and the further i get from home the worse it functions.   i've been successful doing this in the USA but my trips to europe input lag became unbearable and in Asia I can't even establish a stable enough connection to try.  I have to imagine direct streaming of ps5 games from sony's datacenters would give me a better experience in those location far from home.

the other use case is playing with my co-op buddy.   again,.. like any time i can i'd do a local installation for the games we're "playing".   but we've had times where maybe we've finished a game unexpectedly early or maybe he's having trouble with a game he's otherwise playing solo and just wants a bit of help.  happens more often then you'd think when your friends a trophy joker....    

anyways, sometimes i just want to jump into a game and can't because i'm stuck on the wrong side of an 1 hour download time.  would be sooo nice to just play the cloud version while i wait for the game to download.   i'm probably prone to this issue more than most because i'm splitting my harddrive so much:
- my GaaS games like multiversus and rocket league
- my evergreen games like rock band
- my solo game like GoW
- my co-op game for when i play with my coop buddy
- the games i'm playing with my son
- the games my son wants to play by himself
- ...and now my daughter is getting into gaming and has games she wants to play.

...point is i just don't have any Gb to spare to download a large backlog of "games i'll play next" anymore.  i find myself deleting and redownloading games a lot trying to manage my space.  would be a really good QoL improvement is sony could take over ownership of this song and dance.   auto delete the local files of games i haven't played in too long if space is limited,.. auto download any game i try to play, and while downloading auto play the cloud version with a graceful transition to the local version when its ready.   that's probably a "too good to be true" request but i'd upgrade to premium if it could do that in a heartbeat.   waaay more valuable then access to old games to me.
It'd def be better than remote play, so hopefully this includes ps5 games on other devices too.

My home internet downloads full games in just a few minutes so I can't relate, but playing during a download would be great. The early tutorials usually suck anyway.

kitler53

It'd def be better than remote play, so hopefully this includes ps5 games on other devices too.

My home internet downloads full games in just a few minutes so I can't relate, but playing during a download would be great. The early tutorials usually suck anyway.
for that 2nd paragraph it's not entirely about download speed though.  i dedicate far to much time to finding out how many Gb a game is,.. how much space i have left on my harddrive, deciding which game(s) to delete to make room.  

imaging just not even needing the "installed" tab because everything in your collection was instantly playable whether it was installed or not:  

i ask for too much.  especially in a single OS update.  but i'd love it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

I think Horizon went way beyond it, but maybe I need to spend more time in souls

the-pi-guy

I think Horizon went way beyond it, but maybe I need to spend more time in souls
Well that'd be the other one. :D

Horizon looks a good bit better, but those two games overall I think are solidly two of the best looking games this gen.  

the-pi-guy

Rewatched part of the Horizon Digital Foundry.

I forgot how much of the game just seems like they were trying to tackle the criticisms of the first game. The animations in the first game weren't good, so now they're amazing. The grass isn't dynamic to touch, so now we're going to make sure that works. etc.

Gorgeous game, and I still haven't played it.

Legend

Rewatched part of the Horizon Digital Foundry.

I forgot how much of the game just seems like they were trying to tackle the criticisms of the first game. The animations in the first game weren't good, so now they're amazing. The grass isn't dynamic to touch, so now we're going to make sure that works. etc.

Gorgeous game, and I still haven't played it.
Same with climbing. They fully redid the system to make it compare better to botw.

Horizon

Demon Souls looks good but Ratchet and Horizon are on another level

kitler53

Demon Souls looks good but Ratchet and Horizon are on another level
ratchet better than demon's souls?   i've only played ratchet of the two but i didn't think ratchet was all that impressive looking.  it looked great and crisp and all but the art style doesn't exactly lend itself to being a visual showcase.  very clean and simple layout. 

kitler53

so like,.. I know it doesn't help that forespoken didn't review well.  ..but hi fi rush seems to have completely overshadowed it. 

I hope Sony takes notice.  this kind of low budget but unique game is exactly what I wish Sony was developing along side their big budget games. 

Legend

so like,.. I know it doesn't help that forespoken didn't review well.  ..but hi fi rush seems to have completely overshadowed it.

I hope Sony takes notice.  this kind of low budget but unique game is exactly what I wish Sony was developing along side their big budget games.
Yeah, one of the things I miss the most about ps3 was Sony pumping out small games. Santa Monica was so great at working with indies.

kitler53

Jan 26, 2023, 03:21 PM Last Edit: Jan 26, 2023, 03:24 PM by kitler53
Yeah, one of the things I miss the most about ps3 was Sony pumping out small games. Santa Monica was so great at working with indies.
same.  i know i'm beating the same drum i've beat here time and time before...

...but echochrome, fat princess, pixel junk shooter, journey, flower, unfinished swan.   all ps3 era downloadable only games.  all games that are still in my "favorite games ever" list.  i miss these types of experiences dearly.  i made a dumb comment in the other thread "hoping hi fi makes it's way to playstation someday" not realizing that tango was owned my MS.   ...but seeing MS releasing games like this grounded and pentiment has me kind of jealous of what MS is doing with their first party.   "indie" games from seasoned developers is a real sweat spot for me.

kitler53

sony's game's under $20 sale ends today but the playstation app notified me of a bunch of games dropping in price today. 

can i just say,... it's kind of tiring that there is literally always a sale going on?   it's like mostly the same titles over and over again too.  like,.. it's not a sale if you can get it at that price every other week.  just drop the dang price.  have fewer sales even if that means a smaller %drop.  have less titles in a sale because having over 1000 per sale is exhausting to look at.  have those sales drops actually be meaningful (aka FOMO if i don't secure this title at this price because it wont be on sale again for a year).

./rant

Legend

sony's game's under $20 sale ends today but the playstation app notified me of a bunch of games dropping in price today.

can i just say,... it's kind of tiring that there is literally always a sale going on?   it's like mostly the same titles over and over again too.  like,.. it's not a sale if you can get it at that price every other week.  just drop the dang price.  have fewer sales even if that means a smaller %drop.  have less titles in a sale because having over 1000 per sale is exhausting to look at.  have those sales drops actually be meaningful (aka FOMO if i don't secure this title at this price because it wont be on sale again for a year).

./rant
As a dev they changed something around a year ago and now spam me with emails about those sales. I get multiple emails nearly every day.

Its fun to see that everyone is annoyed by these sales. ;D

the-pi-guy

Go Up