PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

Oct 05, 2022, 04:30 PM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2022, 04:41 PM by nnodley
Putting live service games day one on PC and then leaving single player games to come to PC a year after they release is a good strategy, imo.  Still gives the console ecosystem incentive to buy the PS5.  

Plus PC isn't their biggest market anyway and likely never will be as consoles are so much easier to get into than building a really decent gaming PC.

Weird, it said I was on the waitlist but I went through the sign up on the ps app and it says I'm in.  Guessing the waitlist is just real short and it didnt take long. Doubt tons of people are signing up for it

Pretty barebones as of now.  You can only get points on certain games they say. Too bad they wouldn't retroactively give points to games you bought say up to a month ago

But 5000 points is $20 psn funds

I feel it needs to be like 1x points per purchase on anything in the store for non ps plus members and like 2x points for plus members. Seems pretty uninteresting right now

kitler53

Putting live service games day one on PC and then leaving single player games to come to PC a year after they release is a good strategy, imo.  Still gives the console ecosystem incentive to buy the PS5.  
agreed

Pretty barebones as of now.  You can only get points on certain games they say. Too bad they wouldn't retroactively give points to games you bought say up to a month ago

But 5000 points is $20 psn funds

I feel it needs to be like 1x points per purchase on anything in the store for non ps plus members and like 2x points for plus members. Seems pretty uninteresting right now
agreed but no cost to join and a possibly free psn funds out of it.  i'll sign up.  nothing to loose.  maybe something to gain. 

no interest in the digital art stuff.  just give me money.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

agreed

agreed but no cost to join and a possibly free psn funds out of it.  i'll sign up.  nothing to loose.  maybe something to gain.

no interest in the digital art stuff.  just give me money.
Yeah no reason not to.  Though maybe purchasing any game gives you points.  You can use points to buy select games.  I'll have to buy a cheap game i've been wanting to see if I get points.

nnodley

I purchased NFS Heat, cause it was only 3.49 on sale, to test how many point you get. Appears you get 10 points per dollar spent. So I got 37 points since it was $3.73 after tax

So spend 500 and get enough points for a $20 psn funds. Hopefully they implement points for trophies earned.  Unless that's a thing already

BananaKing

I purchased NFS Heat, cause it was only 3.49 on sale, to test how many point you get. Appears you get 10 points per dollar spent. So I got 37 points since it was $3.73 after tax

So spend 500 and get enough points for a $20 psn funds. Hopefully they implement points for trophies earned.  Unless that's a thing already
Bruh need for speed heat is the PS+ monthly game

the-pi-guy

Bruh need for speed heat is the PS+ monthly game
It was last month.

And not everyone subscribes to PS+.  :P

BananaKing

It was last month.

And not everyone subscribes to PS+.  :P
I was just notifying him in case he didn't download it to get a refund.

the-pi-guy

nnodley

I was just notifying him in case he didn't download it to get a refund.

I think I got it. But this was the deluxe version. I'm not worried about $3.49

the-pi-guy

Some kind of PlayStation Studios meeting?
Bend, San Diego, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch

???

BananaKing

Im excited about bends new IP. I feel after the reception of how "generic" their last setting was, they might go with something a bit more out there.

kitler53

so i signed up for ps stars.   still not particularly expecting much and just kind of hope to get some "cash back" on my game purchases.  but when i looked at the rewards redemption i found it very laughable.  I can redeem points for:
- wallet funds
- specific games

of the only 6 games i can directly redeem points for:
- 1 is a broken link to what appears to be one of those "easy plat" games
- 2 games have a very straight conversion from price to points.  it's 250 points per dollar if you redeem for ps store credit.  so there is absolutely no discount for buying cult of lamb directly instead of just taking the store credit so there is absolutely no incentive to buy it directly.
- 2 games actually cost more with points.  it takes two is on sale right now so you could buy it with 5,000 point if you first redeem the points for store credit and use that $20 in store credit to buy the game at its current discount.  or you could buy it directly for 10,000 points....

ffs sony,.. when i go to amazon i can "buy with points" anything in the store.  the current cost of the thing i'm buying just becomes free if i have enough points to cover the cost.  that's all you needed to do.  way to overcomplicate things and get a worse experience for it...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

I didn't feel this way in the first, but part 2 absolutely nailed that imo. It was often difficult to play and while that made it less fun in the moment, I still think about the game often.

the-pi-guy

Go Up