The Music Thread

Started by kitler53, Sep 23, 2016, 01:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Sep 23, 2016, 01:24 PM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2023, 04:13 PM by kitler53
give them to me.

now that spotify is accessible via the quick menu on ps4 i'm finding myself listening to a lot more music while i game.  i'm not asking for music recommendations i'm asking for gaming music recommendations.  think that are good to listen to while playing a few hours of rocket leauge.

i created one playlist in particular that i'm looking to expand on.  currently it contains:
  Daft punk
  deadmau5
  tyco

it's not a genre i listen to a ton but it is a great genre for rocket league.  so who am i missing?

kay kay thanks.

**all recommendations should be on the spotify.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

well this thread crashed and burned a horrible death.    how is it that we can have such active TV and movie threads but no one ever talks music.   for me personally the media priority order is:
1. music
2. video games
3. tv shows
4. movies
5. books

kitler53

anyways,.. even if i'm just talking to myself...

I know i'm quite LTTP but i've been listening to a lot of billie eilish lately.  hadn't heard of her until bad guy got big and i kind of quickly dismissed it as "one hit wonder".   bad guy is like,.. kind of an anomaly in her catalog but i got to say i really like her music.

nnodley

Honestly i never even knew this thread existed till today. lol

Love me some music.  I'm big on soundtracks, but my favorite genres to listen to are indie and indie folk.   Top favorite artist is Lord Huron. And then really enjoy Caamp, Sons of the East, Goth Babe, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Oliver Tree, Bears Den, KALEO, Hippo Campus.  Plenty more but those are my main listens.

Oh and Hozier and Wilderado

Legend

well this thread crashed and burned a horrible death.    how is it that we can have such active TV and movie threads but no one ever talks music.   for me personally the media priority order is:
1. music
2. video games
3. tv shows
4. movies
5. books

This is why lol

Music Appreciation Thread!

kitler53

Honestly i never even knew this thread existed till today. lol

Love me some music.  I'm big on soundtracks, but my favorite genres to listen to are indie and indie folk.   Top favorite artist is Lord Huron. And then really enjoy Caamp, Sons of the East, Goth Babe, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, Oliver Tree, Bears Den, KALEO, Hippo Campus.  Plenty more but those are my main listens.

Oh and Hozier and Wilderado
i went looking for one and the search capabilities of this site directed me to this thread i started in 2016.  i retitled it and bumped it.  originally i was just asking for recommendations but i figured rebranding it would be more fun than starting a new one.

of the music you listened to the only one i already listen to is hozier.  i love them.  <3

going to spend the afternoon letting some of those other artists play.

This is why lol

Music Appreciation Thread!
that thread is pretty dead too.   maybe that one is more "official" but it doesn't change the fact that we cant seem to keep a music conversation going like we can for tv or movies.

kitler53

first up: Lord Huron's "long lost".   

nnodley

first up: Lord Huron's "long lost".  
That album and strange trails are my two all time favorites.  I think Strange Trails beats out Long Lost for me

the-pi-guy

I think music is a little harder to talk about.

There's lots of things to talk about with games. You have game shows like E3. You have delay announcements. We can talk about the games themselves.

We can certainly talk about music, but I also feel like music is more individualized than games. There are millions of songs out there. There are probably pockets of overlap. We probably all have heard Taylor Swift songs, but there's lots of other entire genres that no one else here might even be interested in.

I really like Japanese pop.

Chances are good I am probably the only one who has listened to these two songs.

Music is kind of different I feel like from movies or tv shows. I feel like I have way more specific moods for what kind of music I want to listen to at any given moment, than I do for games or TV shows.

nnodley

I personally feel Lord Huron has one of the more unique sounds out there.

Music is kind of different I feel like from movies or tv shows. I feel like I have way more specific moods for what kind of music I want to listen to at any given moment, than I do for games or TV shows.
This x1000.  Any given day i have so many different moods of what i want to listen to.

kitler53

Jan 25, 2023, 08:32 PM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2023, 08:38 PM by kitler53
That album and strange trails are my two all time favorites.  I think Strange Trails beats out Long Lost for me
sorry but i'm going to have to move on.  not for me.   not saying it's bad music but i'm going to liken it to "wilco".   i can appreciate it's "good" while also saying folk music that shares a boarder with country music is an area of the music map i'm not a fan of.

next up:  Caamp's "Lavendar Days"

I think music is a little harder to talk about.

There's lots of things to talk about with games. You have game shows like E3. You have delay announcements. We can talk about the games themselves.

We can certainly talk about music, but I also feel like music is more individualized than games. There are millions of songs out there. There are probably pockets of overlap. We probably all have heard Taylor Swift songs, but there's lots of other entire genres that no one else here might even be interested in.

I really like Japanese pop.

Chances are good I am probably the only one who has listened to these two songs.

generally speaking i "listen to everything",.. pretty much every genre of music has something in it that i like.  maybe i don't like every artist but there is probably at least 1 that i like.  

mood is definitely an influence.  it's definetly a different day that i listen to NIN or eminem than the days i listen to all 4 one or mirah.  but i'm pretty much always listening to something.  my guilty pleasure is running a bath with the lights turned off,.. candle light and some music playing.  

pretty much all of my japonese pop i know is in context to anime.  Here's my favorite:

...and who's taylor swift?  should i be looking him up?  does he have a single i should be aware of?

Legend

Snubbed from the oscars.

nnodley

sorry but i'm going to have to move on.  not for me.   not saying it's bad music but i'm going to liken it to "wilco".   i can appreciate it's "good" while also saying folk music that shares a boarder with country music is an area of the music map i'm not a fan of.
Yeah its definitely not a sound that tons of people are probably gonna like to listen to.  I doubt Caamp will be for you either.  By and By is my favorite of theirs.

Id say most i listed may not be for you, but gotta try them at least.  I used to never listen to any of this type of music until maybe 5 years ago or so.

kitler53

Jan 25, 2023, 09:38 PM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2023, 10:24 PM by kitler53
Yeah its definitely not a sound that tons of people are probably gonna like to listen to.  I doubt Caamp will be for you either.  By and By is my favorite of theirs.

Id say most i listed may not be for you, but gotta try them at least.  I used to never listen to any of this type of music until maybe 5 years ago or so.
i liked caamp a lot more.  maybe not enough to add him to my library but much more my speed.

skipped over a few recommendations that were described as folk.   now i'm on Oliver Tree's "Cowboy Tears Drown the World in a Swimming Pool of Sorrow (Deluxe)"

kitler53

i liked caamp a lot more.  maybe not enough to add him to my library but much more my speed.

skipped over a few recommendations that were described as folk.   now i'm on Oliver Tree's "Cowboy Tears Drown the World in a Swimming Pool of Sorrow (Deluxe)"
now this i'm really into.  already added this album to my library and will likely listen though a few albums before moving on.

i wouldn't say it's the same but for me this scratches the same itch as built to spill for me.   if you decided to look them up start with "keep it like a secret" or "there's nothing wrong with love".  there sound evolved after that and not necessarily for the better.

Go Up