PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Probably contractors and studios want this. For the recognition. If I was a support studio and working on horizon I'd want it announced

I hope Nd moves away from both. But with the success of the show, I think they will do another TLoU
maybe but i dunno.   the article clearly states that development has not started.   so like,.. best case senario is TLoU is 5 years aways.  without more content to draw from the show will be done next year.  too much time between efforts will significantly reduce the synergies between them.    i always think maybe the past path forward is to move on from the game in the video game space and use this "script outline" only for plotting out a 3rd season of the show.

i really hope ND can get this mp game in TLoU world out soon.   would be a great synergy if they could at least be marketing the game along side the end of season 1.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/naughty-dog-says-its-moved-on-from-uncharted-and-could-do-the-same-with-the-last-of-us/

you guys can read but i'd say the critical information:
- no more uncharted from ND
- TLoU3 as a script outline but not in development, perhaps will never go into development.
Comment about tlou3 script was from 2021. I assume at this point it's either in development or on the backburner while they make a new ip.

the-pi-guy

That article felt like it was largely just a retread of the interview he had a few weeks ago.

It seems pretty clear to me:
1.) We'll see an Uncharted game from another studio.
2.) ND will do a new IP next.
3.) They're probably thinking about TLOU3, but it's probably something that will happen after the new IP.

the-pi-guy

I hope Nd moves away from both. But with the success of the show, I think they will do another TLoU
I think they've made it clear that they don't have to continue with something, just because it's successful.
They'll probably pass it off to someone else if a franchise "needed" to keep existing.

first crystal dynamics and now this,...  

...how did we get to the point where we are announcing the hiring of contractors?
I think as Bananaman said. They would like the publicity.

And I think a lot of consumers would like hearing that they're investing more on a franchise in general.

the-pi-guy

Reddit - Dive into anything

Horizon multiplayer footage leak apparently. Early stuff.

kitler53

well, it looks like horizon. 

BananaKing

Why are all multiplayer games fudgy cartoonish. Its getting boring already. One awesome thing about horizon is how great it looks. Fighting machines that look awesome is just... awesome.

Legend

Why are all multiplayer games fudgy cartoonish. Its getting boring already. One awesome thing about horizon is how great it looks. Fighting machines that look awesome is just... awesome.
Oh no. Oh no no no.

I was hoping it was early dev stuff but you're right.

BananaKing

Oh no. Oh no no no.

This picture is horrible. It makes me have almost zero interest in the game

Legend

This picture is horrible. It makes me have almost zero interest in the game
Same. Now I'm really glad that call of the mountain at least feels like a horizon game.

kitler53

because it's multiplayer.  

horizon looks the way it does because it's single player.  mp needs to dial back the detail.  either you can go "stylized" or you do something else like drop resolution, frame rate, or make the world more barren.

Legend

because it's multiplayer.  

horizon looks the way it does because it's single player.  mp needs to dial back the detail.  either you can go "stylized" or you do something else like drop resolution, frame rate, or make the world more barren.
It doesn't work like that. In general, multiplayer doesn't require more performance unless it requires more objects on screen. Something like Horizon already has large fights with multiple enemies and allies so that isn't an inherent problem.

SWORDF1SH

Oh no. Oh no no no.

It's got that Fortnite look.

kitler53

It doesn't work like that. In general, multiplayer doesn't require more performance unless it requires more objects on screen. Something like Horizon already has large fights with multiple enemies and allies so that isn't an inherent problem.
I know you should know better but I'm calling BS.   can you name even one mo mode that wasn't a graphical downgrade from it's single player campaign??

mp suffer from the "dark souls" effect.  you can offload areas the player isn't in when a different player could be there so you end up persisting the entire area. 

...or whatever.  the tricks of the trade to make a stunning single player experience just don't work in mp.  I won't pretend to know those trucks but the proof is in the pudding as they say.  mp has 100% of the time had graphical concessions.  clearly there is a reason for that.  

Legend

Jan 29, 2023, 04:07 AM Last Edit: Jan 29, 2023, 06:38 AM by Legend
I know you should know better but I'm calling BS.   can you name even one mo mode that wasn't a graphical downgrade from it's single player campaign??

mp suffer from the "dark souls" effect.  you can offload areas the player isn't in when a different player could be there so you end up persisting the entire area.

...or whatever.  the tricks of the trade to make a stunning single player experience just don't work in mp.  I won't pretend to know those trucks but the proof is in the pudding as they say.  mp has 100% of the time had graphical concessions.  clearly there is a reason for that. 

I basically never play multiplayer so you're asking the wrong guy lol. Maybe MGSV.

With dedicated servers it's just essentially taking NPCs and having the network control them instead of the cpu. Every graphics trick can be used from a single player game.

Problem is just that multiplayer games often have a lot more on screen, especially main characters. You'll only have comparable graphics between both modes if both modes are a comparable experience.

Go Up