Do you like "victory laps" as the last level in a game, or do you prefer final bosses?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Feb 27, 2023, 10:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I think Journey's ending is the most well known example of a victory lap level. You're still platforming and playing the game, but all the struggle is gone.

I definitely prefer them since I don't care for hard games, but nothing is worse than a victory lap that you get stuck on. When I played Rain World the other day I was absolutely loving the victory lap ending, and then I got stuck and had to google my way out of it.

Spoiler for Rain World ending spoilers:
<br>You dive into a trippy gold pool and have to keep swimming down. It&#39;s linear so you can&#39;t do anything else.<br><br>Except eventually the background becomes black so you can&#39;t tell if you&#39;re making progress, and then you&#39;re given the freedom to swim any direction. I just kept swimming down for about 15 minutes, when I was actually supposed to only keep swimming for 5 minutes and then go a different direction. Sucked all fun out of the ending lol since I had already turned my brain off.<br>