The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

BananaKing

nice. lol.

witcher 3 has its fair share of glitches, but none are game breaking bugs. though its glitches are fun sometimes.

Legend

Aura7541

Jul 07, 2015, 03:35 PM Last Edit: Jul 07, 2015, 03:37 PM by Aura7541
Famitsu interview with Sega president Haruki Satomi.

How are you thinking about the current home console market?

Satomi: "Looking at the Japanese domestic market, you get the impression things are pretty rough, but globally, the PS4 has had the fastest console sales in history, so I think there are opportunities out there.

"I'm feeling a particular response from Asia. The Chinese version of Yakuza 0 sold more than expected.

"We've learned a lot about the western market from Atlus. If we can deliver high-quality titles to fans of Japanese games, I think we have a decent chance of making it overseas."

What specific efforts are you putting into your future home console games?

"Right now, I talk to our team about stressing quality over all else. The west is very schedule-oriented, but that means that if we can't maintain our usual quality on a project, we shouldn't put it out. Old Sega worked hard to establish a level of trust with its fans, but when I take a hard look at the past 10 years, I can see there have been some titles that betrayed that trust."

Can we expect a high-quality title to be released during the second half of the year?

"Since we're focused on quality, I can't make any promises, but I do want to make an announcement of some sort regarding a home console game at the Tokyo Game Show."
Hopefully, this means Sega starts localizing their games like Yakuza 0, Shining Resonance, and Phantasy Star. But seriously, did it have to take Atlus to get Sega's head out of its dog? -_-"

Mmm_fish_tacos

Atlas was a dang good buy for sega, one I wish sony would have made. But I guess us sony fans can't have everything  

Aura7541

Atlas was a dang good buy for sega, one I wish sony would have made. But I guess us sony fans can't have everything  
It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Sony acquired Atlus. I'm just glad that Sega lets Atlus do whatever it likes.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Sony acquired Atlus. I'm just glad that Sega lets Atlus do whatever it likes.
Yeah, Im hope they want to do Catherine 2. It was a one of my favorite new IP'S last gen.  

Dr. Pezus

Is the Witcher 3 too short? - NeoGAF

Spoiler warning for those who are not where I am at in the game, I'm not sure if i'll be spoiling anything significant, but there may be others who may spoil things accidentally so you have been warned.Also, please don't spoil anything for me beyond the point in the story in which I am talking about, thanks! I put so much time into this game that I don't want the ending or anything related to it to be spoiledMy point: The game is claiming that I have played for 4 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes and 35 seconds. How long have I actually played? I have no clue because there was a bug that messed up the in game count of how long I have played.
 So lets say for arguments sake that I have played for somewhere between 60-100 hours. Somewhere in between there, I honestly have no clue, I havent been counting but I have had numerous 8 hour sessions with this masterpiece of a game, yet I feel a bit empty as I type this.
 Beyond the side quests and witch hunts, DLC quests, etc. Where the hell is this game?
 Is this game literally Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, two seconds at Kaer Morhen and then the final area? Really?
 Not to say that there isn't enough content in the game itself, but in the main story I'm kinda sitting here feeling like what the hell did I do? Did some fetch style quests, found out where Ciri is and now just go get her, etc?
 Thats it?
 I havent played the previous games so I'm not sure how side quest heavy the previous games were, but from my perspective, where the hell are the main quests? It seems as though if you just wanted to do the main story, you could have finished the game in 30 hours or so.
 Now, I understand that 30 hours is a long time and stuff, but from my perspective, I just want some more Witcher. I didn't think i'd be finished with this game for another month at least and have taken breaks here and there to play other games just so that I can spread out my time with TW3, but now that the game is warning me that I am at the end once I reached the Island in the mists I'm feeling kinda lost.
 I am more than thankful for the unknown amount of hours that I have pumped into this game, its easily the game of this generation for me right now, but what the hell?
 Does anyone else feel the same way?
 Again, i'm not saying that the overall game is short or that the developers didn't put enough content into it or aren't continuing to do so, i'm just speaking to the overall story. I just feel that there should have been some more stuff.
 I'm probably just gonna finish up 3 more side quests and then finish the main story and wait for the expansion at this point. I can only hope that the last section of this game adds another 20 hours or so to the main story.

lol

"60-100 hours"

"Too short"

Dr. Pezus

feature=youtu.be

Alternate E3 demo!!

darkknightkryta

Well I am playing Arkham Origins and enjoying it a lot! Don't get the reviews. How is Arkham City around 95 while this is almost down to 70?? Feels more like an 85 to me.
Gaming "journalism" has more or less turned into entitled shame.  I actually enjoyed the half of Origins more than the half of Arkham Knight that I've played.  But people hate on Origins for essentially unjustifiable reasons.  It being Christmas, thus everyone at home to be a lame excuse but say nothing when Gotham was evacuated in Knight for even less believable reasons.

the-pi-guy

Gaming "journalism" has more or less turned into entitled shame.  I actually enjoyed the half of Origins more than the half of Arkham Knight that I've played.  But people hate on Origins for essentially unjustifiable reasons.  It being Christmas, thus everyone at home to be a lame excuse but say nothing when Gotham was evacuated in Knight for even less believable reasons.
Evacuating a city because of a bomb threat is more unbelievable than every single person being at home because its Christmas?  

I don't understand how that works.  
Cities do get evacuated for threats, when's the last time you saw every single person gone because of Christmas?

darkknightkryta

Evacuating a city because of a bomb threat is more unbelievable than every single person being at home because its Christmas?  

I don't understand how that works.  
Cities do get evacuated for threats, when's the last time you saw every single person gone because of Christmas?
Because it's Batman.  There has never been a situation where he had to evacuate the city.  Because he knows he'll always stop the villain.  Plus there's a prideship in Gotham.  Some leave, but there will always be people willing to stay and defend the city.  That's why it's unbelievable.

the-pi-guy

Because it's Batman.  There has never been a situation where he had to evacuate the city.  Because he knows he'll always stop the villain.  Plus there's a prideship in Gotham.  Some leave, but there will always be people willing to stay and defend the city.  That's why it's unbelievable.
Lots of people do stay back.
Police, news reporback.some vigilante types.  
Anyway, the thing they were pushing at the beginning was that it was a bigger enemy than Batman ever fought before.  
To be honest that logic seems a bit circular.  
This is unbelievable, but this is believable because its Batman.  

Aura7541

Jul 08, 2015, 03:24 PM Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 04:04 PM by Aura7541
Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2015

Best of Show
Fallout 4
(Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Original Game
Horizon Zero Dawn
(Guerrilla Games/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Best Console Game
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertianment for PlayStation 4)

Best Handheld/Mobile Game
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
(Nintendo for 3DS)

Best PC Game
Fallout 4

Best Hardware/Peripheral
Oculus Touch
(Oculus VR)

Best Action Game
Star Wars Battlefront
(DICE/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Action/Adventure Game
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Best Role Playing Game
Fallout 4

Best Racing Game
Need for Speed
(Ghost Games/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Sports Game
FIFA 16
(EA Canada/EA Sports for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Family/Social Game
Super Mario Maker
(Nintendo EAD/Nintendo for Wii U)

Best Online Multiplayer
Star Wars Battlefront
(DICE/EA for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Best Independent Game
No Man's Sky
(Hello Games for PC, PlayStation 4)

Special Commendation for Graphics
(Naughty Dog/Sony Computer Entertainment for PlayStation 4)

Winner Breakdown By # of Wins

Three Wins:
Fallout 4

Two Wins:
Star Wars Battlefront

One Win:
FIFA 16
Horizon Zero Dawn
Need for Speed
No Man's Sky
Oculus Touch
Super Mario Maker
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Publisher Breakdown

Five Wins:
Sony Computer Entertainment

Four Wins:
Electronic Arts

Three Wins:
Bethesda Game Studios

Two Wins:
Nintendo

One Win:
Oculus VR

Platform Breakdown By # Of Wins
(Notes: Multiplatform games/hardware are counted in all appropriate platform tallies. Information based on announced platforms for each winner as of 7/6/2015)

PlayStation 4: 12 (Same as 2014)
PC: 9 (Same as 2014)
Xbox One:  7 (-2 from 2014)
Wii U: 1 (-1 from 2014)
3DS: 1 (Same as 2014)

Link 1, Link 2

Anyone surprised that Microsoft Studios didn't win anything? I thought Forza 6 would easily win the Best Racing Game Award.

Dr. Pezus

Go Up