The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

when i come on these forums i see a bunch of boys that don't even want to try and empathize with how our society treats women differently than men on the negative consequences that it can have on them.  you've all latched on the the worst examples you can find and use it to dismiss everything feminism.

my daughter is only 6 months old and the ways people treat her are already staggeringly different than my son.  the criticisms based on her looks that my son never received.  the toys people gift that are always pink.  

i see in my work the most productive member of my team was a women and she also make the least money.  the least productive is a man and he makes the most.  the women (foolishly) believes in merit based pay and the man is loud, obnoxious, but most importantly demanding.   ...and because he is demanding he has demanded his way to higher pay while the women waited for recognition that never came.

worst yet, she was sexually assaulted at work by one of my coworkers who was "just being funny".  i watched at our local leadership and remote HR do everything in their power to not let it become an "incident".  i watched her try and work uncomfortably by avoiding direct contact with the guy who touched her.  i watched her quit over the incident.  i now i'm watching the guy who assaulted her reap i the benefits of her departure as takes over her important responsibilities while delegating out the ones he didn't want.

things are still very much a man's world.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens