Nintendo Labo VR Kit announced

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 07, 2019, 01:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Nintendo Labo VR Kit announced | ResetEra

Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will launch in retail stores with two primary configurations, one that includes all Toy-Con creations and one that includes a smaller selection of projects to get started:
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit: Available at a suggested retail price of $79.99, the complete Nintendo Labo: VR Kit includes the Nintendo Switch software and materials to build all six Toy-Con projects - the Toy-Con VR Goggles, Toy-Con Blaster, Toy-Con Camera, Toy-Con Bird, Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Elephant - as well as a Screen Holder and Safety Cap. It's a good option for kids and families who want to dive in to the full experience.
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit - Starter Set + Blaster: Available at a suggested retail price of only $39.99, the Starter Set includes the Nintendo Switch software, plus all the components to build the Toy-Con VR Goggles and Toy-Con Blaster, as well as the Screen Holder and Safety Cap. The Starter Set is a great entry point into the world of Nintendo Labo VR.
Players that own the Starter Set can purchase the following optional expansion sets to expand their experience:
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit - Expansion Set 1**: Available at a suggested retail price of $19.99, Expansion Set 1 includes the Toy-Con Elephant and Toy-Con Camera.
  • Nintendo Labo: VR Kit - Expansion Set 2**: Available at a suggested retail price of $19.99, Expansion Set 2 includes the Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Bird.
TLDR: Starter Set is $40, the two Expansion Sets are $20 each, there is a complete package for $80 (no savings). Expansion sets are exclusive to Nintendo's online store @ store.nintendo.com.

[/size]

Legend

LABO is a pretty smart way to pull this off. It gives them a valid excuse for the experience being pretty bad but also makes it cool for rando vr games.

Xevross

Huh, this is going to be absolutely awful but its a neat idea I guess.

Cute Pikachu

This is horrible in my opinion. Poor kids necks.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

This is horrible in my opinion. Poor kids necks.
It doesn't strap on.  You hold it to your face.  

kitler53

i imagine nintendo mostly green-lit this as a way to make consumers hate VR to fudge with sony...

my favorite part is psvr has a health warning that vr is not intended for use of anyone under the age of 12.   labo is announced with a bunch of 8-10 year olds using it...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

I didn't realise the camera's field of view was that wide. I just assumed it was using the angle of the two joy cons for 6DoF. In fact I'm still not totally sold that it isn't just doing this haha. Why else would the blue joy con be in the trunk too?