Anthem: bet on the metacritic 60 mc (61 reviews) 60 oc (54 reviews)

Started by Legend, Feb 16, 2019, 06:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Main Betting Thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction. Please see the main thread for a breakdown of how scoring works.

Anthem for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till reviews start coming in.

100:
99:
98:
97:
96:
95:
94:
93:
92:
91:
90: Nnodley
89:
88: Dr. Pezus
87: Nnodley
86: Legend
85: Xevross
84:
83: Dr. Pezus, Nnodley
82:
81:
80:
79: Legend
78: Xevross
77:
76:
75: Xevross
74:
73:
72:
71: Xevross
70:
69:
68: Legend
67:
66:
65:
64:
63:
62:
61:
60:

Xevross

Feb 16, 2019, 06:20 PM Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019, 07:10 PM by Xevross
High: 85
Mid: 78
Low: 71

Dr. Pezus

Legend

nnodley

I'm gonna be optimistic since impressions from many are saying its much better than the demo and the story is pretty good. Shall see though.

Xevross

Feb 17, 2019, 04:15 PM Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019, 07:03 PM by Xevross
I'm gonna be optimistic since impressions from many are saying its much better than the demo and the story is pretty good. Shall see though.

Yeah I read some impressions and it does seem like the demo was a poor reflection on the game. Upped my ranges a bit.

Edit: actually seems opinion has lowered significantly as people progressed so I'm lowering my prediction :P

Xevross

Feb 18, 2019, 05:07 PM Last Edit: Feb 18, 2019, 05:12 PM by Xevross
Reviews starting to arrive now, although I think they'll be slow coming in.

3/5 from TechRadar
6.9/10 from Boomstick gaming.

Not a great start. I put my low-end as 71 thinking it couldn't possibly be lower than Andromeda. Well... that might have been a mistake.

nnodley

dang!  Oh well still being positive.  i know i'll love my time playing it so no worries though.

Legend

Reviews starting to arrive now, although I think they'll be slow coming in.

3/5 from TechRadar
6.9/10 from Boomstick gaming.

Not a great start. I put my low-end as 71 thinking it couldn't possibly be lower than Andromeda. Well... that might have been a mistake.
You miggt end up winning with the closest score though.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

hopefully the sites actually taking their time to really play the game for a decent period will give higher scores.  Maybe won't happen, but it would be nice if it's not a total disaster critically.  But if it is, but still sells a lot and bioware lives on, hopefully they see they are best at single player RPG's.  Don't fix what wasn't broken.

Xevross

Feb 18, 2019, 07:36 PM Last Edit: Feb 18, 2019, 07:40 PM by Xevross
hopefully the sites actually taking their time to really play the game for a decent period will give higher scores.  Maybe won't happen, but it would be nice if it's not a total disaster critically.  But if it is, but still sells a lot and bioware lives on, hopefully they see they are best at single player RPG's.  Don't fix what wasn't broken.
Well from what I've read there isn't really enough game to put a decent amount of time into. Story is a lot shorter than you'd expect for a game like this, and endgame is almost non-existent at launch, and what there is is apparently very repetitive. Game is still fairly buggy and unoptimised, with some weird oversights in design in many areas. Long loading screens all over the place.

Spoiler for story length:
<br>12-13 hours seems to be the common consensus. I honestly expected at least double that. Especially from Bioware.

I really have no idea what they've been working on for so long... it sounds like a game which was rushed out in a year.

nnodley

Well from what I've read there isn't really enough game to put a decent amount of time into. Story is a lot shorter than you'd expect for a game like this, and endgame is almost non-existent at launch, and what there is is apparently very repetitive. Game is still fairly buggy and unoptimised, with some weird oversights in design in many areas. Long loading screens all over the place.

Spoiler for story length:
<br>12-13 hours seems to be the common consensus. I honestly expected at least double that. Especially from Bioware.

I really have no idea what they've been working on for so long... it sounds like a game which was rushed out in a year.
this staggered release they have been doing with it is weird too.   But yeah I think if they would mash Mass Effect and Anthem together they could have had something freaking amazing.

Xevross

Gadgets 360 5/10
Gamersky 7/10
JeuxActu 7/10

We now have an opencritic score and with only 4 reviews its at 62. Very poor start.

Xevross

Ars Technicareview: Wait until EA finishes the game, if that ever happens.

Big oof.

Go Up