Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Gosh I love me some Tarantino. Need to see it
It wasn't the film I expected. Not like his last two at all.

the-pi-guy

I watched saving Mr banks.  Which was okay.  

------

Fun fact about Iron Man.  Before the first movie, he was considered so obscure that 30 writers passed on him.  

Legend

I watched saving Mr banks.  Which was okay.  

------

Fun fact about Iron Man.  Before the first movie, he was considered so obscure that 30 writers passed on him.  
Yeah sums up my opinions on Mr. Banks too.

It was funny back then. Iron Man and Hulk were the two big movies Marvel started with after becoming their own film studio. Iron Man was the nobody character while Hulk was the big deal. Kinda ironic that Iron Man launched the most successful movie universe of all time while the Hulk movie was retconned away.

Legend

Sony and Disney are negotiating the next Spiderman film. The article I saw said that Sony was going forward with a sequel with or without Disney, but other people are acting like the films have been axed. We will see.

Dr. Pezus

Sony and Disney are negotiating the next Spiderman film. The article I saw said that Sony was going forward with a sequel with or without Disney, but other people are acting like the films have been axed. We will see.
Yeah I saw an article here saying they couldn't agree on a fee so Disney said they're not going to include Spidey in the Marvel universe anymore. Somehow I doubt that'll be the case.

darkknightkryta

Yeah sums up my opinions on Mr. Banks too.

It was funny back then. Iron Man and Hulk were the two big movies Marvel started with after becoming their own film studio. Iron Man was the nobody character while Hulk was the big deal. Kinda ironic that Iron Man launched the most successful movie universe of all time while the Hulk movie was retconned away.
Iron Man was always part of Marvel's trinity with Cap and Thor...

X-men blew up because of Claremont and Jim Lee's redesigns back in the 90s.  Until then, it was always Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-man and the F4.

Legend

Iron Man was always part of Marvel's trinity with Cap and Thor...

X-men blew up because of Claremont and Jim Lee's redesigns back in the 90s.  Until then, it was always Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-man and the F4.
Captain America and Thor were also not as popular back then outside of comic fans.

darkknightkryta

Captain America and Thor were also not as popular back then outside of comic fans.
Marvel was huge in the 60s and 70s.  Those guys took a back seat to the X-Men in the late 80s early 90s.  But that had to do with the edgier comic stories running at the time (The same kind of stories they lambast Snyder for adapting) and the X-Men cartoon blowing up.  This is from the Avengers cartoon that took over after X-Men:

There's a reason Cap, Thor and Iron Man are at the top in this image (Them not being in the show is why it also only lasted like 10 episodes.) Iron Man was always big, it's just that the X-Men were bigger at the time.

Legend

Aug 24, 2019, 03:41 PM Last Edit: Aug 24, 2019, 03:44 PM by Legend
Marvel was huge in the 60s and 70s.  Those guys took a back seat to the X-Men in the late 80s early 90s.  But that had to do with the edgier comic stories running at the time (The same kind of stories they lambast Snyder for adapting) and the X-Men cartoon blowing up.  This is from the Avengers cartoon that took over after X-Men:

There's a reason Cap, Thor and Iron Man are at the top in this image (Them not being in the show is why it also only lasted like 10 episodes.) Iron Man was always big, it's just that the X-Men were bigger at the time.
Yeah I grew up in the 90's so that was my childhood experience. X-Men, Spiderman, and Hulk were the big Marvel guys you'd get lunchboxes for. Thor was some old stupid sounding character and I didn't even know about Iron Man or Captain America.

I think I remember McDonalds having an Iron Man toy later on that could turn into an axe. That was the only interaction I had with him.

the-pi-guy

I grew up with DC....

So

Legend

I grew up with DC....

So
Yeah DC was huge back then with superman and batman. Funny how the tables turned.

darkknightkryta

I grew up with DC....

So
I grew up with both.  Batman TAS started off on Fox.  Spider-man and X-Men were running at the same time on Fox.  Then like 95 or 96 WB made Kids WB and Batman got moved there and they started making Superman.  Spider-man and X-Men were finishing up by that point.

Legend

I am mother on Netflix was better than I expected. I highly recommend it if you liked Horizon's lore.

Dr. Pezus

First Joker reviews are out and most are great. Funny how most are 5/5,10/10 or 4.5/5 and then there are a few that slam it. Probably has something to do with the message its trying to convey. What they all have in common though is that Phoenix's portrayal of Joker is masterful. Oscar coming up, surely.

the-pi-guy

Watched Interstellar again. It's been a while.  Mixed feelings about it.  

On the one hand I find the "beings" aspect of it just not good.  It's also really long.  Part of the plot shouldn't work.  

But I think the music does wonders to keep the intensity, so even if it's been 10 minutes since anything has really happened, it doesn't hurt because it builds up anticipation wonderfully.  It's also a pretty emotional movie.

Go Up