The Youtube Gamer interestometer 2017

Started by Legend, Jun 10, 2017, 02:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Super Mario Odyssey's official trailer now has more likes than any other video I can find coming out of E3.

It's neck and neck with Spiderman but is growing at a rapid pace.

Xevross

Super Mario Odyssey's official trailer now has more likes than any other video I can find coming out of E3.

It's neck and neck with Spiderman but is growing at a rapid pace.

Battlefront?

Legend

Battlefront?
My eyes glossed over it  :P

But that too shall be passed with time. (maybe)

Legend

Mario is now the second most viewed official video.

I'm really surprised how much love it's getting compared to Metroid.

Xbro

Mario is now the second most viewed official video.

I'm really surprised how much love it's getting compared to Metroid.
Mario is huge.
3 people like this

Legend

Mario is huge.
I Don't remember 3D world getting this much love.

Xbro

I Don't remember 3D world getting this much love.
3D World had a lot of things going against it.

One thing was the e3 trailer itself wasn't very exciting at all. It wasn't until later in the year when they got a good trailer going for it that it started picking up more momentum. By that point it already had all he bad stigma going for it('Another New Super Mario Bros', 'Already on the 3DS', 'Not a real 3D Mario Game' etc.)

There's also the matter of Youtube itself changing. Odyssey was #1 on trending, and I believe the trending system has changed drastically over time.
3 people like this

BananaKing

dang days gone beasting. whats up with that?!

Xevross

dang days gone beasting. whats up with that?!
Casuals seem to be interested in it. Also it's the only video from a different channel legend has put up on the PlayStation side, when they also have vidoes of God of war, Spiderman, Detroit and others with lots more views

BananaKing

Casuals seem to be interested in it. Also it's the only video from a different channel legend has put up on the PlayStation side, when they also have vidoes of God of war, Spiderman, Detroit and others with lots more views

open world zombie games click with casuals. look at Dead Island and Dying Light. both sold 5 million+ despite not having good reviews.

Dr. Pezus

Am I the only one that thought the mario trailer was relatively not that great?

Legend

Am I the only one that thought the mario trailer was relatively not that great?
I think you're one of the few.

I loved it so much! T rex opening was great, the frog reveal was great, the music was great, the fake ending was great, and going back to the dino was a perfect ending. It was just so perfectly executed.

The previous game's E3 trailer is hard to enjoy after seeing how perfect this one is.

3D World had a lot of things going against it.

One thing was the e3 trailer itself wasn't very exciting at all. It wasn't until later in the year when they got a good trailer going for it that it started picking up more momentum. By that point it already had all he bad stigma going for it('Another New Super Mario Bros', 'Already on the 3DS', 'Not a real 3D Mario Game' etc.)

There's also the matter of Youtube itself changing. Odyssey was #1 on trending, and I believe the trending system has changed drastically over time.
Yeah it's a poor trailer in retrospect.

Dr. Pezus

I think you're one of the few.

I loved it so much! T rex opening was great, the frog reveal was great, the music was great, the fake ending was great, and going back to the dino was a perfect ending. It was just so perfectly executed.

The previous game's E3 trailer is hard to enjoy after seeing how perfect this one is.
Yeah it's a poor trailer in retrospect.
I dno. I thought the dino looked weird. Semi-realistic doesn't suit Mario imo.
What fake ending?

Legend

I dno. I thought the dino looked weird. Semi-realistic doesn't suit Mario imo.
What fake ending?
Yeah graphically I don't think all of the worlds look the best.

I was just meaning the part when the song slows down and he's at his house with all the moons. Felt like it'd be the end of the trailer.

Legend

Comparing both videos.

Go Up