Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

It'll be weird if Avatar reclaims the title with a re-release to promote Avatar 2. Crazy just how close the two are.

Xevross

TLK just posted a $30.39M tuesday, the third highest non-opening tuesday ever (behind SW:TFA and Endgame). Very impressive. Dom total up to $243m already, and heading for an easy $500m+, perhaps $600m+ if legs continue to impress. Incredibles 2's $608m animation record may be a bit out of reach but we'll see.

the-pi-guy

I remember the days when only 2 movies got over $500m in the US.  

Now there are 10 movies with over $600m.  And it seems like there's one or two every year that manages to hit that mark.  

Inflation is one hellava drug.  

Legend

I remember that too. Pre Avatar I was really into the box office and movies in general. A big thing back then was reaching a billion worldwide. Now it's almost disappointing if a major film doesn't reach that.

Xevross

I remember that too. Pre Avatar I was really into the box office and movies in general. A big thing back then was reaching a billion worldwide. Now it's almost disappointing if a major film doesn't reach that.
Depends on how major, there's still 'only' been 39 films to hit $1b. And $400m Dom is still considered a fantastic amount for most films.

Xevross

(Other) ER's Impact on Endgame's Gross Through out last ten years (2009-2019) compiled by Gavin Feng from BOT. : boxoffice

Great chart which shows impact of ER on gross since Avatar and why it's so impressive that Endgame managed to best it.

Legend

Depends on how major, there's still 'only' been 39 films to hit $1b. And $400m Dom is still considered a fantastic amount for most films.
32 out of those 39 came out in the 2010's and 2019 will probably set the record with 6+ films reaching the mark. I'd say it's become standard for major blockbusters haha.

Could be good.

Xevross

Still not a standard, although I guess it depends what you consider a blockbuster to be. If you mean $150m+ production budget huge films then yeah I guess $1b is the standard. Still a big film can make 'only' $700m and still be a huge success.

Anyway, Spidey won the race to be the 40th $1b film by passing the mark on Thursday. Aladdin should cross it this weekend with TLK and TS4 closing fast. Never had so many $1b films in quick succession.

Xevross

Jul 26, 2019, 06:02 PM Last Edit: Jul 26, 2019, 06:04 PM by Xevross

I'm not crying you're crying. Can't believe they deleted this.

the-pi-guy

Aye.  Hopefully it's on the DVD!  

Legend

Eh, kinda slow scene  ::)

Legend

Legend

This looks awesome!

Legend

Saw once upon a time in hollywood. Was long and started really slow, but I ended up liking it a fair amount.

Dr. Pezus

Saw once upon a time in hollywood. Was long and started really slow, but I ended up liking it a fair amount.
Gosh I love me some Tarantino. Need to see it

Go Up