Let me know if ps+ goes on sale (US)

Started by kitler53, Aug 27, 2020, 07:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

hey y'all,

so like the thread title says let me know if ps+ goes on sale.  i pre-paid ps+ for i think 3 years last time i bought when i found it for $35 i think.   looks like my sub is out in December so when a deal comes along i'm going to want to grab it.  

kk thanks.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

It's not? I just bought UK plus 25% off

Also, I recommend buying from cdkeys.com. Almost always cheaper there. I've done it many times, no worries about the legitimacy

kitler53

It's not? I just bought UK plus 25% off

Also, I recommend buying from cdkeys.com. Almost always cheaper there. I've done it many times, no worries about the legitimacy
i mean, it goes on sale quite frequently but to the best of my knowledge it isn't on sale now.   there ought to be a sale on black friday so i'm not too worried about it but sales tend to only last a few days so its easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.

Dr. Pezus

i mean, it goes on sale quite frequently but to the best of my knowledge it isn't on sale now.   there ought to be a sale on black friday so i'm not too worried about it but sales tend to only last a few days so its easy to miss if you aren't paying attention.
Almost 50% off

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (PS+) (USA) | PlayStation/PS Vita/PS3/PS4 | CDKeys

kitler53

Dr. Pezus

are they legit?  never heard of them.
Yes. You get a code online. I just did this yesterday, for a UK one. I've done it several times. Recommend it! I'll give you the money if it doesn't work  ;)

kitler53

Yes. You get a code online. I just did this yesterday, for a UK one. I've done it several times. Recommend it! I'll give you the money if it doesn't work  ;)
did some research and i don't think i want to give them my business.  looks like it is very low risk that i would not receive a functional key.   ..but they are getting their keys via regional pricing exploitation.  i'm not a fan of the idea most of my money would be going to the united arab emirates instead of sony.

Dr. Pezus

did some research and i don't think i want to give them my business.  looks like it is very low risk that i would not receive a functional key.   ..but they are getting their keys via regional pricing exploitation.  i'm not a fan of the idea most of my money would be going to the united arab emirates instead of sony.
But the money would go to Sony though? Just less than they charge in the US I guess

kitler53

But the money would go to Sony though? Just less than they charge in the US I guess
some yes.  but it looks like they are also take a massive profit on the transaction.  

i have a pretty high moral code on things like this.  not for me.

the-pi-guy

From what I understand they buy from cheaper areas and then sell them in higher price areas.  I've never heard of any issues with them.  

But I personally avoid them they just feel like they are in a weird gray zone.

Xevross

CDKeys and similar places have big problems with credit card exploits allowing people to get keys essentially for free. Indie devs get completely screwed over by it. Supporting sites like CDkeys is unethical.

Dr. Pezus

CDKeys and similar places have big problems with credit card exploits allowing people to get keys essentially for free. Indie devs get completely screwed over by it. Supporting sites like CDkeys is unethical.
Exploits?

Xevross

Exploits?
I think hackers steal other people's credit cards info and buy loads of keys with them to sell on. People find out and get a refund from their bank so the devs/ pubs receive no money, but the keys are already sold and people have the game. I'm not sure if stuff like this has been cracked down on yet. Anyway, for reasons other people have said and more these sites are just bad.

the-pi-guy

Aug 27, 2020, 10:37 PM Last Edit: Aug 27, 2020, 10:41 PM by the-pi-guy
Most similar sites have issues like this. 
Never heard of Cdkeys having that issue in particular. But still it has a shady feeling to it. 

Even in the best case though, they are taking away some amount of funds from game developers.

Dr. Pezus

I think hackers steal other people's credit cards info and buy loads of keys with them to sell on. People find out and get a refund from their bank so the devs/ pubs receive no money, but the keys are already sold and people have the game. I'm not sure if stuff like this has been cracked down on yet. Anyway, for reasons other people have said and more these sites are just bad.
Found this.
Is CD Keys Legit? Thoughts & experience with them? : Steam