Xbox E3 2021 Recap

Started by Legend, Jun 13, 2021, 06:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Xevross

Horizon 5 is 1080p 30fps on Series S. Frickin oof.

nnodley

Well that all seems pretty meh. That starfield teaser is basically nothing. Lol

kitler53

skimmed the list and thinks i'll skip watching the confernce.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Probably worth skipping all of E3, at this rate.

kitler53

Probably worth skipping all of E3, at this rate.
lol.  well I figured there would be something.  maybe Nintendo will deliver.  

I skimmed Xbox. if there is something I should see let me know.  I watched starfield, halo, horizon.  ...and accidently confused outer worlds 2 with outer wilds 2.  self inflicted disappointment there. 

but basically nothing on the list excited me.  fable is what I really wanted to see.    ...and too much dlc as announcements. 

Legend

lol.  well I figured there would be something.  maybe Nintendo will deliver.  

I skimmed Xbox. if there is something I should see let me know.  I watched starfield, halo, horizon.  ...and accidently confused outer worlds 2 with outer wilds 2.  self inflicted disappointment there.

but basically nothing on the list excited me.  fable is what I really wanted to see.    ...and too much dlc as announcements.

Watch Redfall if you like to suffer.

From the team that brought you Prey comes... this. Hopefully it's just their "Bleeding Edge" moment and Microsoft can fund them for something more original.

Xevross

Jun 14, 2021, 09:37 AM Last Edit: Jun 14, 2021, 09:42 AM by Xevross
It was one of those conferences where there's basically no headlines, skimming a list will make it look very meh. And there wasn't much excitement.

But it was a really good show, well paced, lots of good trailers, all the games looked good (looking at you Square Enix), so it was a really fun one to watch.

Also going through the show and thinking ooh, this is one game pass day one, wow this is on game pass day one, really really helped with the positive reaction. All these games and you can just try them with your GP sub if you think they look even remotely interesting. It elevates a show like this when you know you can easily play all of them and give them a go, rather than sitting and going "eh, I don't like the look of that enough to buy it" or "eh, not really for me" for half or more of the games shown. It immediately makes you look at each game in a more positive light, to try and see the things that excite you about a trailer and would make you want to try the game. Because you might as well at least try it.

Xevross

kitler53

It was one of those conferences where there's basically no headlines, skimming a list will make it look very meh. And there wasn't much excitement.

But it was a really good show, well paced, lots of good trailers, all the games looked good (looking at you Square Enix), so it was a really fun one to watch.

Also going through the show and thinking ooh, this is one game pass day one, wow this is on game pass day one, really really helped with the positive reaction. All these games and you can just try them with your GP sub if you think they look even remotely interesting. It elevates a show like this when you know you can easily play all of them and give them a go, rather than sitting and going "eh, I don't like the look of that enough to buy it" or "eh, not really for me" for half or more of the games shown. It immediately makes you look at each game in a more positive light, to try and see the things that excite you about a trailer and would make you want to try the game. Because you might as well at least try it.
sure. 

but one I'm on vacation.  well paced show or not the hot tub will be more fun. 

and two I'm not getting gamepass.  I have much more money then time.  ...and to be honest if you need a game to be "free" to be interesting the game sucks and you are justifying you sub. 

Xevross

sure.

but one I'm on vacation.  well paced show or not the hot tub will be more fun.

and two I'm not getting gamepass.  I have much more money then time.  ...and to be honest if you need a game to be "free" to be interesting the game sucks and you are justifying you sub.
That's an extremely strange, and bad, take. The whole point of game pass is there's a huge variety of things avaliable, I already save money by playing games I would otherwise have bought through game pass, there's no need to stretch for any justification. Its a nice bonus. A really nice bonus.