Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I'm enjoying pokemon way more than I was expecting. On the big screen the graphics look great, the game is insanely cute at times. I spent like 20 minutes messing around with appearance which is quite unlike me.

This does seem to be the easiest pokemon yet. I could probably look away from the screen and spam A and have won every fight so far. I expected this though.

Loving it so far.
So if you don't indulge in the wild area too much then this is actually the most challenging pokemon game in ages. I'm actually slightly under-levelled right now.
Talk about a 180 haha.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Talk about a 180 haha.
Lol. I got that impression because the game gives you so many free heals when you're on the routes between towns, and it guides you everywhere. But of course, gym battles aren't affected by this and if you're underlevelled the game will be quite hard too. However if you do any amount of raid battles in the wild area you get showered in exp.

They did kind of account for this, there seems to be much fewer trainers to battle in this game. So if you ignored the wild area and just went through routes fighting only trainers, like in the past games, you will be under-levelled. But you can "grind" the wild area raids and get yourself overlevelled way easier than any other pokemon game.

Overall I think they got this spot on. If you want a harder game then leave the wild area until after you've finished the story, and that makes sense anyway since the wild area is more about grinding the best moves for competitive play, completing the dex, endgame online battles etc.

(of course, its still easier than anything gen V or earlier, unless you try to do the absolute minimum possible battles)

Xevross

Nov 17, 2019, 04:50 PM Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019, 06:19 PM by Xevross
Good god, they really ran out of time/ ideas with this pokemon story didn't they. This is terrible!

EDIT: okay it got a bit better. They definitely mixed up the ended way more than they've ever done before

Xevross

Okay this is epic as fudge. The story was hilariously bad to get here but this is awesome

the-pi-guy

Good god, they really ran out of time/ ideas with this pokemon story didn't they. This is terrible!

EDIT: okay it got a bit better. They definitely mixed up the ended way more than they've ever done before
Okay this is epic as fudge. The story was hilariously bad to get here but this is awesome
Well thats quite the turn around too.  

Xevross

Well thats quite the turn around too.  
Wasn't really a turnaround. Hard to explain without spoiling, but you know in pokemon there's usually the whole evil team and end of the world shame. Well this game does it a bit differently, and the way it introduces that whole segment is extraordinarily dumb and gameplay-wise its pretty stale as well. However, what it builds up to is probably the most epic fight in pokemon history.

I like how it did things differently, and i love the mixup with the league, but holy hell is the actual story bad.

Xevross

So I finished the pokemon endgame content, got zacian to level 100 with perfect IVs etc. so I'm basically done with the game. Lots of cool new features but overall I think its a very weak pokemon entry. My gen rankings (just original games, not counting the second versions or w/e)

5>4>2>>>3>>>7>>>6>>1>8

Legend

So I finished the pokemon endgame content, got zacian to level 100 with perfect IVs etc. so I'm basically done with the game. Lots of cool new features but overall I think its a very weak pokemon entry. My gen rankings (just original games, not counting the second versions or w/e)

5>4>2>>>3>>>7>>>6>>1>8
Was it a really short game?

Xevross

Was it a really short game?
By pokemon's standards I think its short, yes. About 20-25 hours to complete the story unless you spend ages in the wild area. That makes it the shortest pokemon game ever, I think.

Xevross

Nov 21, 2019, 09:55 AM Last Edit: Nov 21, 2019, 03:34 PM by Xevross
6M in first 3 days for pokemon sword/shield makes it the biggest Switch launch (beating Smash by 1 million) and most likely the biggest pokemon launch ever worldwide (Sun/Moon was at 7.2M after almost 2 full weeks on the market). Pretty insane.

TPC: Pokémon Sword & Shield has sold 6M copies (2M in Japan alone). It's the fastest selling Nintendo Switch software ever. | ResetEra

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/corporate/PostImages/b1b2b7b4ea55eef149f2bc849c194eea958c68c6.pdf
 Trying to work out if they mean Friday through Sunday. I think it is as we don't have a full week on sale yet

Also it has sold 2 million in Japan alone from physical and digital in the first week of sale. A step up from the low 1.3 physical that was reported, so that's almost a third digital   
Edit: also updated to over 2mil in US in just two days. A new record 2 day revenue for the Pokémon franchise. Feck it, its new thread worthy.

Xevross

The best part of Pokemon Sword/Shield is Toby Fox's battle theme

Don't @ me

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Interesting. Might get one

Legend

Interesting. Might get one
I wonder just how "pro" it will be. New 3DS bump? Xbox One S bump? Xbox One X bump?

I never play switch on the go so I'd love one that really bumped up the power when docked.

Go Up