GI's Spider-Man PS4 Month! Today: Peter Parker

Started by Xevross, Apr 03, 2018, 04:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Nothing today?
There was supposed to be something about gadgets today

Xevross

For some reason they keep updating the spiderman home page a day late. But I'll just keep with that.

Today:
 The Gadgets, Suits, And Sidequests Of Spider-Man - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Also I've been late because I've been at a friend's the last few days, but I'll get back to being on time for the rest of the month now :D

Xevross

The side stuff is sounding very Ubisfoty. Just busy work without much story, and there's lots of them of the same category scattered around. I really do hope there are some good Witcher 3/ Horizon style proper side quests in there too.

This is probably Sucker Punch's biggest weakness, and what kept inFAMOUS from being truly great. I hope Spidey doesn't fail in this regard as well.

Dr. Pezus

The side stuff is sounding very Ubisfoty. Just busy work without much story, and there's lots of them of the same category scattered around. I really do hope there are some good Witcher 3/ Horizon style proper side quests in there too.

This is probably Sucker Punch's biggest weakness, and what kept inFAMOUS from being truly great. I hope Spidey doesn't fail in this regard as well.
Well insomniac is making it  ???

Legend

Xevross

But this feels like an infamous game.
Exactly, its extremely similar to infamous in terms of gameplay and world design, and the side content is sounding similar so far (although this does sound a bit better)

the-pi-guy

Yeah.  It feels a lot like inFamous Second Son.  

Open city world, more of a free traversal where you can climb buildings and stuff, and the color pallette I feel is fairly similar, and they both have superpowers, and they both have a kind of realistic but also stylistic art style.  

If you told me Sucker Punch was making it, I wouldn't even think twice about it.  

Xevross

Yeah.  It feels a lot like inFamous Second Son.  

Open city world, more of a free traversal where you can climb buildings and stuff, and the color pallette I feel is fairly similar, and they both have superpowers, and they both have a kind of realistic but also stylistic art style.  

If you told me Sucker Punch was making it, I wouldn't even think twice about it.  
Yeah, its sooooo much more similar to infamous than Ratchet and Clank. If you showed me the game, and I didn't know who was making it, I'd have guessed it was SP over insomniac.

This is making me want to play infamous again

Legend

Yeah, its sooooo much more similar to infamous than Ratchet and Clank. If you showed me the game, and I didn't know who was making it, I'd have guessed it was SP over insomniac.

This is making me want to play infamous again
Have you played an insomniac game outside of ratchet and clank?

This kinda feels like Overstrike mixed with Sunset Overdrive.

Xevross

Have you played an insomniac game outside of ratchet and clank?

This kinda feels like Overstrike mixed with Sunset Overdrive.
No but I've seen enough of them. It does look similar to SO too, but infamous is probably the closest comparison I can think of.

Xevross

Legend

Dr. Pezus

I really don't like his cap
When's the YouTube video up? Really hate integrated players

BananaKing

Lol, Horizons side quests are nothing compared to the Witcher's 3. There are some side quests in the Witcher 3 that are about as big as all Horizons side quest combined.

Hopefully the next Horizon has a lot of improved work when it comes to side quests. Because the base and idea where good, but they execution wasn't solid and at times felt cheap. Some side quests were fun and so, but they needed more work when it came to presentation and polish.

Go Up