Astro's Playroom, Demon's Souls, Destruction AllStars, Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Sackboy A Big Adventure are the PS5 launch titles from Sony

Started by Xevross, Sep 16, 2020, 09:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

why the fudge is horizon a cross gen title.  spiderman and sackboy makes sense.  but horizon,... what the literal fudge.   

$70 first party is also battleship.   i really never buy at launch anyways but a battleship move from sony who is raking in the money on playstation these days.

i agree with ya'll on destruction all stars.   that looked like a crud mp only game to me that i fully expected to be given away with ps+.   this title will die a horrible death at $70 based on what i've seen.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

any news on psvr.  i know it is supposed to be compatible with ps5.  do i need to buy a new camera though?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

any news on psvr.  i know it is supposed to be compatible with ps5.  do i need to buy a new camera though?
The ps5 doesn't have a port for a ps4 camera but you an get a free adaptor.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

I'm guessing these will be the only games that have this happen.  

A lot of backlash.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-ps5-is-a-surefire-hit-but-sonys-broken-promises-are-eroding-trust.288920/
Yeah Sony deserve all the backlash for what happened yesterday. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Also the site I normally go to has put up Demon's Souls for £69.85. God, I really hope that lowers or I'll be so fudgy pissed. I didn't pay over £50 for a single day one game last gen and I am not happy about a £20 price hike. £10 or less I'd have been okay with but this is shite.

DerNebel

Sep 17, 2020, 08:13 PM Last Edit: Sep 17, 2020, 10:17 PM by DerNebel
Yeah Sony deserve all the backlash for what happened yesterday. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

Also the site I normally go to has put up Demon's Souls for £69.85. God, I really hope that lowers or I'll be so fudgy pissed. I didn't pay over £50 for a single day one game last gen and I am not happy about a £20 price hike. £10 or less I'd have been okay with but this is shite.
They certainly don't deserve ALL the backlash they've gotten. Some of it is just stupid.

Like, I'm as bummed about the cross gen releases of some games as others are but to take that to pull their entire "we believe in generations" standpoint into question is just mindboggingly stupid. There are next gen exclusives coming day 1, just because not every single game is next gen exclusive does not mean they don't believe in generations. People vilifying Jim Ryan over this as if he promised something to people that he definitely didn't, are also ridiculous.

nnodley

A lot of the preorder fiasco was not on sony. It was retailers jumping the gun and doing them early.  Sony clearly stated they would start the next day.  But yes, they could have had actual times set up for different retailers.

Xevross

A lot of the preorder fiasco was not on sony. It was retailers jumping the gun and doing them early.  Sony clearly stated they would start the next day.  But yes, they could have had actual times set up for different retailers.
Yeah but why haven't retailers done that for xbox? There's something behind the scenes that sony mismanaged, this is 100% on Sony.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Why share this tweet now? ???

I'd love to see some figures on how many consoles PS5 sold in just a few minutes on each of these sites.

the-pi-guy

Why share this tweet now? ???

I'd love to see some figures on how many consoles PS5 sold in just a few minutes on each of these sites.
I thought it was funny given the conversation.  

As if walmart was told to wait,and they are like "nah that's not our style".

nnodley

Yeah but why haven't retailers done that for xbox? There's something behind the scenes that sony mismanaged, this is 100% on Sony.
Maybe.  But retailers could have just held off.  Most were just following the leader so they went for it.  Sony has some blame, but i personally wouldn't say its all sony.

I thought it was funny given the conversation.  

As if walmart was told to wait,and they are like "nah that's not our style".
Right. lol.  I'm sure thats what helped start off the clusterfuck.

Legend

Yeah wallmart sucks. I thought it was a glitch that made them go first and start all this. Hadn't seen the tweet.

Go Up