Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

Recently played The Case of the Golden Idol. Brilliant game. Investigating  and solving the murder mystery is done in a uniques and clever way and is very rewarding with a good story. Also love the artwork although I tend to hate playing 2D pixel art games.

Legend

Recently played The Case of the Golden Idol. Brilliant game. Investigating  and solving the murder mystery is done in a uniques and clever way and is very rewarding with a good story. Also love the artwork although I tend to hate playing 2D pixel art games.
Been on my list. You still haven't played return of the obra dinn yet, right?

SWORDF1SH

Been on my list. You still haven't played return of the obra dinn yet, right?
Yes I did start to play that on my PlayStation, I left it for  bit and struggled to remember anything. I will definitely get back around to it because I like it. Probably get it on PC.
I'm playing Snowrunners at the moment. I'm addicted but waiting to see if I only like it just because it's new kind of game for me (which usually I then lose interest fast after novelty factor wears off) or if it is my type of game.

the-pi-guy

Decided to try out Resident Evil 3.  

I played RE5 for a few hours like years ago.  

Not sure how much I'll play. I generally hate horror games.

the-pi-guy

I've been really goofy here after finishing GoWR.

Started Resident Evil 3. Might get back to this one. Looks great. Gameplay I'm a little less sure about. Although I found out that I'm missing some things. I'm hoping that it'll be better getting back into it.

Started Resident Evil 5. I feel like I'm not going to play this. It plays really badly. You can't aim and move at the same time. Aiming by itself just feels bad. But the zombies being terrible might make this playable. But ugh I really don't get it.

Started Death Stranding. Very interesting game. Very different kind of game.

Started Ghost of Tsushima. Very good game as well. I like that the enemies are pretty quick to take down.

Legend

Death stranding, nice!

Those first few minutes are so funky when you just expect normal video game walking.

SWORDF1SH

INFRA has a pricecut and on my wishlist. Could be my next game, has anybody played it? Would you recommend it?

Legend

Dec 27, 2022, 12:32 AM Last Edit: Dec 27, 2022, 12:35 AM by Legend
INFRA has a pricecut and on my wishlist. Could be my next game, has anybody played it? Would you recommend it?
It's one I'm watching but I ended up buying Case of the golden idol, painscreek killings, consortium, terra invicta, and rainworld instead.

Terra Invicta is slow but incredible. I was so happy when I zoomed out and discovered that it had lagrage points.

SWORDF1SH

It's one I'm watching but I ended up buying Case of the golden idol, painscreek killings, consortium, terra invicta, and rainworld instead.

Terra Invicta is slow but incredible. I was so happy when I zoomed out and discovered that it had lagrage points.
Let me know how you get with Painscreek and Golden Idol. I enjoyed both immensely.

the-pi-guy

I've been putting about equal time into GoT and Death Stranding.

I usually can't pull that off.

Legend

Terra Invicta is very very slow or else I'm very bad lol.

kitler53

just finished two games quickly back to back:

the gardens between and the pedestrian.  

both were solid but not exceptional puzzle games.  "free" on extra so I would recommend to at least legend. 

gardens between was a bit simplistic of a mechanic but I did kind of like the game was reduced to just 2 buttons. 

the pedestrian had a ton of style.  my biggest complaint is the took the game in a cool direction for the final puzzle.  wish they made that section longer. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Playing Consortium. Probably the most "immersive" game out there since it refuses to even call itself a game. Acts like it is software that connects you to a time traveling satellite. Pretty interesting. It's as if Assassin's Creed used the Animus as the main menu and acted like work from home software.

Also fun to break the fake fourth wall sometimes. In game I can make comments about how I'm a time traveler or how I can't interact since their isn't a button prompt, and people get really confused.

Overall the game is pretty average though  :P

just finished two games quickly back to back:

the gardens between and the pedestrian.  

both were solid but not exceptional puzzle games.  "free" on extra so I would recommend to at least legend.

gardens between was a bit simplistic of a mechanic but I did kind of like the game was reduced to just 2 buttons.

the pedestrian had a ton of style.  my biggest complaint is the took the game in a cool direction for the final puzzle.  wish they made that section longer.
I've played pedestrian. Thought I posted about it here but can't find it.

Enjoyed it too but didn't love it.

kitler53

my current game is the artful escape.

it had wonderful reviews on steam but holy crud is this "game" terrible.    it's pretty but it not an exaggeration to say there is no gameplay.  all i do is walk from left to right while holding down square while shame bounces around in the background.   i feel like i'm back in college watching winamp.   

is that a dated reference?  anyone else spend hours watching a winamp vizulization?

...at least in winamp i got to pick the music.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Finished Consortium.

What a weird game. Near the end it just threw in so much random lore as if I'd understand what was going on. Way too much bland dialogue to play again and find the stuff I missed. I didn't even bother figuring out who the killer was.

Go Up