If MS builds a mobile store, should Sony follow?

Viewing single post

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 21, 2023, 03:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

without hardware,.. what does an MS storefront even look like on mobile?  

app downloads?   ...never going to happen on apple.   android is more open but even then,.. why buy from MS instead of from google?  i'm going to get better service from the platform owner than from a 3rd party when new OS updates occur.  

just cloud streaming?     ...hard pass from me.   

i'd love cloud streaming as a value addition to my current ps+ subscription.   there are a couple times a year being able to stream a game would be much more convenient than the alternatives.   ...but even those times have now been basically obliterated (for me personally) now that I purchased a steamdeck.  i'll never invest in a cloud only game though.   now matter how impressed i am about the technical feats of these services,.. they aren't as good as installed software.  

MS has some BS vision that I want to play games like GTA on an ipad.   it's just not true.   for fudges sake netflix gave me for free TMNT shredder's revenge on ipad.  this is a game i LOVE.   still don't want to play it on ipad:
1. the game is UNPLAYABLE using touch controls
2. i don't fudgy want to carry a dualsense around on my commute

if i'm on an ipad i play games like angry birds.   if i want to play something more involved i buy a switch or steamdeck.   MS is searching from some inbetween state for which there are basically 0 customers.  

...i don't want this service on my smartTV either.   it's as dumb a use case as series S.  even at $500 consoles just aren't that expensive.   just buying a controller is like 1/5 the cost of a console.   no one in the world is saying to themselves i wish i could be playing involved video games like GTA but i just can't afford to buy a console.   this market does not exist.

MS will do what MS does here.   fail and fail again.   it's a waste of time and effort and i hope sony does not follow suit.   sony shouldn't be trying to make a mobile app store,.. they should try to make a mobile app game that is as successful as things like angry birds or candy crush.  just put it on the apple/android apps store and be done with it.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens