Image shows possible Valve VR headset (UploadVR: Half-Life based VR game in development alongside)

Started by the-pi-guy, Nov 10, 2018, 10:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I feel this deserves a thread.

Image shows possible Valve VR headset (UploadVR: Half-Life VR game in development alongside) | ResetEra

UploadVR:
Images of Prototype Valve VR Headset Leak

(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)

According to our independent sources this is in fact a Valve HMD. We've also heard the field of view will be 135 degrees with the Vive Pro resolution and it should come bundled with Knuckles controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game.Click to expand...
An interesting tidbit is the dual cameras on the front in addition to the usual lighthouse markers. Could this allow for both outside-in and inside-out tracking?

As for the voracity of the rumored Half-Life VR game...

Legend

Really awesome!

Dr. Pezus

Half life lives!

the-pi-guy

Really awesome!
I am thrilled.
Kinda funny.  Right after me asking about Valve's games, a solid rumor of one comes out.  

Half life lives!
Now, Pez has to get VR!  

the-pi-guy

Apparently Half Life VR is a prequel to Half Life 2.  

Legend

Woah it's a full game?

the-pi-guy

Woah it's a full game?
Yeah, so far still rumored.  
But I think it's incredibly likely that this will be Valves first full VR title.

What would be amazing is a full Portal VR.  

Legend

Any news on a time frame?

I wanna try to snag a pc vr headset for black friday if I can find a good deal but not if this is only a few months out.

the-pi-guy

Any news on a time frame?

I wanna try to snag a pc vr headset for black friday if I can find a good deal but not if this is only a few months out.
There's no news about it.  Hasn't even been confirmed yet.  

My prediction:
I would say it is 6 months out at the absolute earliest.  Probably closer to a year.

Legend

There's no news about it.  Hasn't even been confirmed yet.  

My prediction:
I would say it is 6 months out at the absolute earliest.  Probably closer to a year.
I ain't got time for that!

the-pi-guy

I ain't got time for that!
What are you going to do?  

Legend

What are you going to do?  
Well Pro isn't too pro but that's seemingly the only headset discounted for Black Friday.

the-pi-guy

Well Pro isn't too pro but that's seemingly the only headset discounted for Black Friday.
Barely.    :o