Ghost Song [OT]

Started by Legend, Nov 01, 2022, 02:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Ghost Song Reviews - OpenCritic

Good reviews, I'll probably play this at launch.

kitler53

Hadn't heard of it.  Watch a trailer.  Vibe looks cool but the gameplay looks band. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Hadn't heard of it.  Watch a trailer.  Vibe looks cool but the gameplay looks band.
The dev posted on neogaf back in the day. Don't know how amazing it'll be but it'll be fun either way.

Legend

Launch day so I played for a few hours.

The menu is really cheap looking and set me up for disappointment, but I'm loving this game! Seems to have a cool story and some unique ideas while delivering a massive dose of super metroid nostalgia. I really like the ranged+melee combat system. Maybe this is exactly what the new 2D metroids do, but it feels great.

Legend

Played another hour, yup it's great.

Got stuck in a pit though. Had to reload a save.

Legend

Done with the game for a while since I have a progression breaking glitch lol. I died during a boss fight and now the barrier won't let me back into the fight.

Other people are reporting the issue too so hopefully it is easy to fix.

Legend

I beat the game!

Used a glitch from the dev to make it past my progression glitch. Turns out it wasn't even a mandatory path. The early game was amazing but the mid/end game was pretty meh. I basically spent a few hours each day just going over the entire map with a fine tooth comb to try and find some way to progress. I'd find new content here and there but nothing that opened the map back up. Eventually I had my breakthrough and completed the game.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10. Maybe I'm being clouded by nostalgia from when I played Super Metroid for the first time on the Wii U, but I really loved it. The game definitely still has a few secrets.

kitler53

omg.  you played super Metroid for the first time on wiiU?!? is that even long enough ago to qualify as nostalgia?

Legend

omg.  you played super Metroid for the first time on wiiU?!? is that even long enough ago to qualify as nostalgia?
Yup I had some eshop credit and decided to try it out.

Was around 7 years ago. I think it's kinda funny that I played it so late, yet still the similarities in Ghost Song really hit me.

kitler53

Nov 08, 2022, 04:20 PM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2022, 04:24 PM by kitler53
Yup I had some eshop credit and decided to try it out.

Was around 7 years ago. I think it's kinda funny that I played it so late, yet still the similarities in Ghost Song really hit me.
how old are you?  too old to play snes when snes was new?

being a kid i didn't follow games so much as just show up to the store and buy the game based on the box.   ..but i would have played it reasonably close to it's 1994 release date.  i played the shame out of that game.

Legend

how old are you?  too old to play snes when snes was new?

being a kid i didn't follow games so much as just show up to the store and buy the game based on the box.   ..but i would have played it reasonably close to it's 1994 release date.  i played the shame out of that game.
I was but a baby when super metroid first released. Plus I only had a gameboy back then, never a snes or n64.