MultiVersus is really good

Started by kitler53, Jul 27, 2022, 04:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Jul 27, 2022, 04:32 AM Last Edit: Jul 27, 2022, 12:30 PM by kitler53
like really good.  played it all night and this is at least as good as smash in gameplay.  much better in online.  and on short side for content but that understandable as adding content is the business model.  what is there is soo polished and awesome.

the f2p grind is clearly going to be a long haul to "unlock everything" but i'm not going to ding them too much on that.  wonder women was unlocked for me and i like her.  they allow any character to be unlocked in the practice mode so i can "try before i buy" any character.  after 1 nights play i have enough currency for 1.25 character unlocks.  two more is probably enough,.. i prefer to be good at a few then play at random.  plus they have rotating unlocks so you can play a new character anyways.  i think i'm going for taz and harley.

all this to say its fair enough to justify the price...

play it guys.  its sooo good.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I have only played Smash and PSASBR. How is it compared to them?

kitler53

Jul 29, 2022, 04:33 AM Last Edit: Jul 29, 2022, 04:36 AM by kitler53
I have only played Smash and PSASBR. How is it compared to them?
So the game is pretty much smash.  They used the same controller dynamic of a button press + a direction for moves.  All characters have the same controller inputs so it is easy to switch between characters or try a new one.  Very accessible.

Ring outs to score.  Ring outs are easier as you put damage on a character. All the basic smash stuff.

What really different is the game is designed for 2v2.  each character can interact with thier partner to their benefit if you work together a little bit.  Which characters are choosen can really influence what the optimal play strategy is.

They did a great job making every character play uniquely and true to their character.  No clones like in smash.  There are fewer characters now so maybe later we'll see clones but none so far. 

There is a perk system so you have some customization ability on your character.  Nothing too overpowering but nice tweaks towards your play style. 

They stages themselves aren't as involved wrt to plat forming.  They are not all simple platforms but none of those stages like the ice climbers stage.  I'm happy for that because those suck but I do enjoy some of the other level designs smash has that are dynamic but not traversal.

No item pick-ups either but there is a debuff system that kind of functions similar.  Less random but to the same effect.

I've had a few disconnects in the online but during gameplay it's pretty much perfect.  Nothing like on smash where there was massive lag and the game ran at 10 fps. This area blows smash out of the water.

I wouldn't call it a smash clone as it has its own personality.  But it didn't do things different just to do things different like psasbr did.  It is so well crafted and fun. I'd say it is without a doubt a competitor to smash.  Some may prefer one to the other for reasons of their choosing but you can't say multiverse is objectively worst. Comparisons will be subjective.

I think I like it better,.. the teams thing really suits me. It needs more characters and probably more stages that are a bit more involved or dynamic,.. but I think those will come. The gameplay that already exists is great and addictive.

…but it's f2p so don't ask me and just play it for a night. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

So the game is pretty much smash.  They used the same controller dynamic of a button press + a direction for moves.  All characters have the same controller inputs so it is easy to switch between characters or try a new one.  Very accessible.

Ring outs to score.  Ring outs are easier as you put damage on a character. All the basic smash stuff.

What really different is the game is designed for 2v2.  each character can interact with thier partner to their benefit if you work together a little bit.  Which characters are choosen can really influence what the optimal play strategy is.

They did a great job making every character play uniquely and true to their character.  No clones like in smash.  There are fewer characters now so maybe later we'll see clones but none so far.  

There is a perk system so you have some customization ability on your character.  Nothing too overpowering but nice tweaks towards your play style.  

They stages themselves aren't as involved wrt to plat forming.  They are not all simple platforms but none of those stages like the ice climbers stage.  I'm happy for that because those suck but I do enjoy some of the other level designs smash has that are dynamic but not traversal.

No item pick-ups either but there is a debuff system that kind of functions similar.  Less random but to the same effect.

I've had a few disconnects in the online but during gameplay it's pretty much perfect.  Nothing like on smash where there was massive lag and the game ran at 10 fps. This area blows smash out of the water.

I wouldn't call it a smash clone as it has its own personality.  But it didn't do things different just to do things different like psasbr did.  It is so well crafted and fun. I'd say it is without a doubt a competitor to smash.  Some may prefer one to the other for reasons of their choosing but you can't say multiverse is objectively worst. Comparisons will be subjective.

I think I like it better,.. the teams thing really suits me. It needs more characters and probably more stages that are a bit more involved or dynamic,.. but I think those will come. The gameplay that already exists is great and addictive.

…but it's f2p so don't ask me and just play it for a night.  
I'll have to try it. That sounds great!