FTC may approve Microsoft - Activision acquisition next month

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 17, 2022, 01:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sauce
The green light from the Federal Trade Commission for Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard could come next month. A few hours ago the Redmond giant confirmed that it had responded to the second request for sending documentation by the FTC and now the US government agency has 30 days to request further information, otherwise it will have to automatically approve the operation.

Consequently, the agreement between Microsoft and Activision Blizzard could materialize as early as August, with numerous IPs, including those of Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch and Crash Bandicoot, which would officially become part of the already rich verdecrociato catalog.

Microsoft's acquisition of Activision Blizzard was announced at the end of last February. This is a pharaonic agreement worth 68.7 billion dollars. Consequently, we are also talking about a rather delicate operation that inevitably led to a thorough investigation by the Federal Trade Commission.

the-pi-guy

It continues to be bizarre reading Era threads on acquisitions by MS vs Sony.

Great news
Awesome to hear
Hell yeah
Excellent news
Just from the first 10 posts. There are no negative comments.

Meanwhile the Sony acquisition has 1
Good stuff and good luck
And several people complaining about acquisitions being gross.

kitler53

era are clearly Xbox centric. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

Its reaching a point where you can't question or criticise xbox on era.

kitler53

Its reaching a point where you can't question or criticise xbox on era.
it's why I don't post there.  one of my bans was me just commenting that the gamepass model doesn't suit me.  

frankly their entire moderation system is flawed as fudge.  I see people banned for the dumbest of shame all the time but some blatant trolling go unpunished.  

it is too much about who you are not what you actually did. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

it's why I don't post there.  one of my bans was me just commenting that the gamepass model doesn't suit me.  

frankly their entire moderation system is flawed as fudge.  I see people banned for the dumbest of shame all the time but some blatant trolling go unpunished.  

it is too much about who you are not what you actually did.
I was banned for questioning why phil Spencer was given a lifetime achievement award.

But the people responding to me calling me stupid and cussing at me were not.

Its a crazy a place