Dmitry Rogozin lost his position as head of Roscosmos

Started by Legend, Jul 13, 2022, 02:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

kitler53

i don't have the background to know what you are talking about.   is this a space thing?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i don't have the background to know what you are talking about.   is this a space thing?
Kind of like Russia's NASA?

kitler53

Kind of like Russia's NASA?

was guessing as such but i'm still missing a ton of context here.   what did the one guy do that would get him sacked and what would the new guy say about putin's whims for the future.   given the geopolitical context i'm aware of i'll guess the first guy wanted to conduct scientific exploration of space and the next guy wants to militarize space.   

Legend

i don't have the background to know what you are talking about.   is this a space thing?
He's the head of Russia's space program. In general he has seemingly been really bad for the program and has been accused of embezzling billions. Also he's been very "outspoken" since the invasion of Ukraine.

Russia to withdraw from International Space Station over sanctions |  Honolulu Star-Advertiser

Russia Adorns Its Space Center's Soyuz Rocket Transporter With Ukraine  Invasion Markings

Normally space is "above" Earth conflicts, such as the Apollo Soyuz mission in 1975.
Apollo-Soyuz - Wikipedia

was guessing as such but i'm still missing a ton of context here.   what did the one guy do that would get him sacked and what would the new guy say about putin's whims for the future.   given the geopolitical context i'm aware of i'll guess the first guy wanted to conduct scientific exploration of space and the next guy wants to militarize space.   
Current guy used nukes as his twitter background so definitely not that.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

@Legend

well i do remember the "nuke" tweet.  that was pretty big news for a day there.  sounds like the guy is an arse and replacing him is a good thing.   

Legend

Legend

Third one was today.