Xbox Showcase Reaction

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 12, 2022, 08:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Since the other thread is for general not E3 stuff...

Overall I expected a different show.

Microsoft has expanded a lot over the past few years. They also have a lot of second/third party partnerships.

It was pretty big for focusing on the next year.  But still I expected a bigger show. There wasn't a whole lot that would get me to get an Xbox.

Surprisingly few AAA games

the-pi-guy

To add, this feels like a showcase for people who are already playing a lot of these games:

Sea of Thieves expansion, Fallout 76 expansion, Flight Simulator expansion, Elder Scrolls expansion

Or people who are already in the Xbox ecosystem:
Persona ports most notably.

Legend

New games.

High on Life
Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends
Gunfire Reborn
Pentiment
Ereban
Ravenlok
Cocoon
Wo Long Fallen Destiny
Kojima

Way more than I remembered, but almost all are too generic to be exciting announcements imo.

Legend

Jun 12, 2022, 08:37 PM Last Edit: Jun 12, 2022, 08:49 PM by Legend
Bad trailer

edt: seen people comparing the game to Doom. Such a misfire from the devs since they felt the need in the pc gaming show to emphasize it's not a shooter.

Bad looking

kitler53

I read the other thread and will take it that I didn't miss much.   

As far as the bit about too many expansions goes,..  welcome to the world of live service games focus.   Soon there will only the 30 games to choose from and all you have to look forward to is dlc to those games.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I read the other thread and will take it that I didn't miss much.  

As far as the bit about too many expansions goes,..  welcome to the world of live service games focus.   Soon there will only the 30 games to choose from and all you have to look forward to is dlc to those games.  
Honestly, the show gave me the opposite worry.
3000 games, but none of them are particularly good.
10% of the show was for live services expansions. 95% of the show felt like AA and under.  The only thing that really stood out was Starfield.

I get the impression that MS is spreading their studios out too far. That their big projects are mostly years away, so they have lots of smaller projects in the midterm. They announced Hellblade 2, 2 years ago now, and it seems it's not coming this year. And there were a lot of games they announced that were 4+ years out.

kitler53

Honestly, the show gave me the opposite worry.
3000 games, but none of them are particularly good.
10% of the show was for live services expansions. 95% of the show felt like AA and under.  The only thing that really stood out was Starfield.

I get the impression that MS is spreading their studios out too far. That their big projects are mostly years away, so they have lots of smaller projects in the midterm. They announced Hellblade 2, 2 years ago now, and it seems it's not coming this year. And there were a lot of games they announced that were 4+ years out.

That is typical MS.  Everwild was announced in 2019 and has not been discussed since.  Probably about 10% of MS games are canceled after being announced publicly and others like crackdown 3 had 3 full years of delays after it's announced 2016 release date and still sucked. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

The show sucked. Its baffling how MS has nothing this year. Timed exclusives indies really don't matter, and expansions are cool only if you have and enjoy the game in question.

Starfield was announced and in development before MS bought Bethesda. Redfall has been in development before MS bought them as well.

2 years into the life cycle and what would MS have released for XSX? Halo and FH5? Is that it? Dont give me AA or indie exclusives or times stuff, im talking major releases.

Phil is still all promises and talk, and has YET to deliver after 8 or 9 years. Its baffling.

Legend

Hellblade 2 must be late 2023 at the earliest. Crazy.

Also they have Lightyear Frontier as 2022 not 2023, but in general the games are sorted by release date.

the-pi-guy

Seems some of the games aren't allowed to be known as multiplat yet.

I'm assuming persona is one.

Legend

Seems some of the games aren't allowed to be known as multiplat yet.

I'm assuming persona is one.
I assume everything is multiplat unless xbox made it.

Legend

Maybe I should use this thread to spam my live thoughts?

the-pi-guy

Maybe I should use this thread to spam my live thoughts?

Sure.

Legend

New Valheim trailer. Coming to gamepass.

I bought it but haven't played it, so maybe I need to start lol.

Legend

Wow. You can steal ships from enemies in starfield!

Like the reinforcements land and instead you just pop in their ship and take off.