Kojima's next game has apparently leaked

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 07, 2022, 03:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Jun 07, 2022, 03:16 PM Last Edit: Jun 07, 2022, 04:18 PM by the-pi-guy
I'm going to spoiler tag this one. 

Game announcements are fun, but this is going around on Era, so might as well post it.

If you don't want to be spoiled, leave the thread! 

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><a href="https://tryhardguides.com/hideo-kojimas-new-horror-game-is-dubbed-overdose/" class="bbc_link">sauce</a><br><br>Footage shows the character walking through dark corridors with a flashlight in third-person, but it&#39;s been suggested that the game can be played in first-person too. A jump scare at the end of the footage shows &quot;GAMEOVER&quot; followed by &quot;A Hideo Kojima Game&quot;… &quot;OVERDOSE&quot;.<br><br><br>

Legend

I guess the existence of this leak points to it not being a Sony game, so I might as well wait till Microsoft's show instead of spoiling myself.

the-pi-guy

I guess the existence of this leak points to it not being a Sony game, so I might as well wait till Microsoft's show instead of spoiling myself.
I can see why you'd think that, but I don't think so.

Legend

I can see why you'd think that, but I don't think so.
Death Stranding 2 it is!

the-pi-guy

There's strong evidence that

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Sony <br>

is involved:

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Someone tweeted about the game. &nbsp;<br><br>And the same person tweeted out the State of Play, several hours before the show. &nbsp;<br><br>And those are their only tweets. <br><br>Unless there&#39;s a way to spoof twitter dates? But Tom Henderson spotlighted the Twitter account and Jason Schreier is now following. <br>

So I'm leaning towards this being

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Sony&#39;s presence at Geoff&#39;s show<br>

Oof this was a messy post.

the-pi-guy

Death Stranding 2 it is!
Nah that will come later.

the-pi-guy

Kojima Productions requested the article be removed.

the-pi-guy

I think you're probably right.

Legend

No video today so was this an internal leak? Or do they have another game?

the-pi-guy

No video today so was this an internal leak? Or do they have another game?
Both of these are probably true.  

No way to tell for sure.  But I'm guessing they have two games in production. One probably with Sony and the one with MS doesn't seem to be as far along.

kitler53

To Seay "the game leaked so it must be on on Xbox" is a bit of a stretch.  I know Sony games tend to be pretty tightly controlled but this isn't a Sony game.   It's a Kojima game so the same rules don't apply.  If anything we should expect cryptic and confusing marketing. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

To Seay "the game leaked so it must be on on Xbox" is a bit of a stretch.  I know Sony games tend to be pretty tightly controlled but this isn't a Sony game.   It's a Kojima game so the same rules don't apply.  If anything we should expect cryptic and confusing marketing.
I mean MS just announced they are working with Kojima.

kitler53

I mean MS just announced they are working with Kojima.
Ms announced that like a year ago.  

We know kojima has multiple projects in development but to say the game that requires spoiler tags is the Xbox game just because there was a leak is a huge stretch. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Ms announced that like a year ago.  
No they didn't. That was a leak by Jeff Grubb.

This is the first time it became official.

We know kojima has multiple projects in development but to say the game that requires spoiler tags is the Xbox game just because there was a leak is a huge stretch.
Legend was just making a guess, assuming the trailer was going to be unveiled soon.

Legend

Isn't there buzz about Sony having another show near the end of the month?

Maybe it'll show up there.

Legend was just making a guess, assuming the trailer was going to be unveiled soon.
Exactly. Leaks tend to happen when more people get involved, such as right before an announcement.