Developer : Bioware

Publisher : Electronic Arts

the-pi-guy

That's right, it's time!

I am lining this up to my next game.

nnodley

Soooooo good.  Top 5 series for me

the-pi-guy

Mass Effect 1.  A lot more talking than I expected.

The remaster is pretty good, but the UI is kind of clunky.

Legend

I'll always be amused by how I got into mass effect. I was randomly on metacritic being all happy about Uncharted 2's reviews when I discovered a random game that also had incredible reviews. Went to my brother and asked if he had heard about it, and he just points to the large Mass Effect 2 poster on the wall.

That night I booted up the game on 360. Ended up being one of my favorite games of all time.

nnodley

I'll always be amused by how I got into mass effect. I was randomly on metacritic being all happy about Uncharted 2's reviews when I discovered a random game that also had incredible reviews. Went to my brother and asked if he had heard about it, and he just points to the large Mass Effect 2 poster on the wall.

That night I booted up the game on 360. Ended up being one of my favorite games of all time.
Not many games keep me thinking about them after I play them but this entire series is almost constantly on my mind. Fricking love it. The soundtrack is magnificent

BananaKing

Not many games keep me thinking about them after I play them but this entire series is almost constantly on my mind. Fricking love it. The soundtrack is magnificent
Its amazing. Its still hurts me to this day that my save file for ME3 crashed and got corrupted right at the end. Maybe I had just 2 or 3 hours left. I lost the whole save file. I had to watch the rest of the game on YouTube..   I thought ME3 was far superior to ME2

the-pi-guy

So I might be 1/3rd of the way through the first game. Based solely on How Long to beat and how many hours I've played so far, but I'm not strictly doing the story, so probably less than that.

The bad:
- the UI is very clunky, and is probably one of the clunkier UIs I've seen in a game. (not sure if the remaster changed the UI from the original)

- some of the controls are a bit clunky. Like running and trying to turn doesn't feel good at all.

Good:
- gameplay is pretty good aside from the running clunkiness.
- the universe is awesome and unlike any game I've played before.
- the way the story unfolds is awesome.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to Mass Effect 2 and 3.

BananaKing

Pi have you ever played mass effect before?

the-pi-guy

Pi have you ever played mass effect before?
Nope. This is the first time.

BananaKing

Nope. This is the first time.
Dont believe the hype (or hate) about mass effect 3. Its awesome, enjoy it.

Legend

Dont believe the hype (or hate) about mass effect 3. Its awesome, enjoy it.
I loved it too. The one bad guy is the only part of the game that really annoyed me.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><span style="font-size: 1em;" class="bbc_size">Cutscene Incompetence</span><br>

the-pi-guy

The bugginess of the game is getting frustrating.

Most of the time, the only issue is that  people will do these quick glides to different locations instead of walking.

Kind of like that one Sherlock game where the Watson? just teleports behind you, except it's not quite teleportation.  

More major bugs I am seeing:
- game completely crashed out of nowhere.
- gun reticle wouldn't draw.

Legend

The bugginess of the game is getting frustrating.

Most of the time, the only issue is that  people will do these quick glides to different locations instead of walking.

Kind of like that one Sherlock game where the Watson? just teleports behind you, except it's not quite teleportation.  

More major bugs I am seeing:
- game completely crashed out of nowhere.
- gun reticle wouldn't draw.

Have you been saving and fully closing the game?

Not that that would fix every issue, but suspend/resume certainly doesn't help with most bugs.

the-pi-guy

Have you been saving and fully closing the game?

Not that that would fix every issue, but suspend/resume certainly doesn't help with most bugs.
I usually just suspend/resume.

But after this, I'll restart more frequently.

Go Up