God of War: Ragnarok |OT| 94 MC|OC Ragnarok is Here

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 31, 2021, 06:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

God of War Ragnarök is officially coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 9, 2022!

We're thrilled be able to share our release date and the brand-new God of War Ragnarök - Father and Son CG Trailer with all the God of War fans who have been eagerly awaiting news. We hope you've enjoyed a glimpse at some of the dangers Kratos and Atreus could find themselves up against as Ragnarök approaches.
Sauce

kitler53

you hear that legend?   that's the sound of all of VizionEck singing "I told you so". 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Why cg tho
Because the team is busy working on the State of Play for next month, and didn't prioritize a trailer.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Kinda strange that Eric isn't as "marketed" as Cory. I had completely forgot Cory wasn't directing Ragnarok.

kitler53

Kinda strange that Eric isn't as "marketed" as Cory. I had completely forgot Cory wasn't directing Ragnarok.
who marketing cory?   he is just active on twitter with a fan following.

the-pi-guy

Maybe Eric doesn't want the attention.

kitler53

i couldn't think of who "eric" was off the top of my head so i googled it.   now that i see his face i have to say i recognize him as being a part of playstation.  

generally speaking people don't just instantly becomes a celebrity.   not when your claim to fame is "video game director" at least.   you have to do something really crazy to get instant fame.  eric's fame will grow if GoW:R is amazing and he keeps doing appearances.   but to be honest i couldn't name or even recognize so much as 1 person for a majority of my favorite studios.   ND has neil.  epic has tim.   AC/haven has jade.   MG has kojima.  nintendo has miyamoto.   and obviously i could name more if i felt compelled to...

...but like who is the face of sucker punch? of bend?  of MM? of team asobi?  of obsidian or 343 or turn 10 or the various CoD studios?     

these are large teams of people where no one person is in "control".  i don't think these studios really need a "face" as the studio name itself is the recognizable consumer facing branding.

Legend

who marketing cory?   he is just active on twitter with a fan following.
Sony turned him into a well known name with God of War 2018's marketing. He deservedly got the Herman Hulst and Neil Druckmann treatment.

Maybe Eric doesn't want the attention.
Maybe and not a problem if that's the case, but even google is confused. Google "god of war ragnarok director" and Google will tell you it's Cory.

Legend

...but like who is the face of sucker punch?
Nate Fox.

That's not to take away from your point, but these two are well known!

He reminds me a bit of Scott Rohde. Maybe that's confusing you too cause I don't think he's worked on anything besides God of War games at PlayStation.

the-pi-guy

The game directors for Days Gone aren't at Sony Bend anymore.  

Some of these studios have not really taken off like the others. Like Nicolas Doucet would be the equivalent for Team Asobi I guess, but Astro hasn't sold 10 million copies at $60 or $70.  

the-pi-guy

aio6xb.jpg

Lol, looks like it was intended for the 11th.  

Go Up