Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Uncharted was indeed good.

No idea how they'll pull this off though. If it's serious like most racing movies, the video game element will feel out of place as if it was product placement.

kitler53

I mean, I'm just reading the tweet here but I'm seeing a story of an aspiring underdog training on a video game and surprising the world with a winning performance in their first real world race.  

not the most compelling story line but with the "based on a true story" tag it probably won't be too forced and generally following the tried and true "rags to riches" story line

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i'll reserve comments for after it is actually announced.  replaceable analogs hardly sound like a "pro" feature.    i like the controller as is,.. i have no desire for back paddles,.. but i would like it if the battery packs were replaceable.   after 10 years of use the length of the charge gets bad and it's near impossible to get replacement controllers after the generation is finished.

the-pi-guy

This probably doesn't count as PS5 related...

According to my sources, one of these monitors will be for 4K gaming at 144Hz, whereas the other will be full HD gaming at 240Hz. Both devices were described as being "perfect for PS5" and have received VRR (HDMI/G-Sync) support and feature low latency (1ms GtG).  Sony has also kept HDR in mind (DisplayHDR600 in 4K/144Hz, DisplayHDR400 in FullHD/240Hz) for both monitors.

It's also believed that both of these monitors will come with "gaming assist features", which include the monitors displaying the number of FPS, game time, a viewfinder, improve brightness in dark locations (Black Equalizer), and refining brightness and contrast - to better see enemies with these features being turned off/on depending on the user's desires.
Why 4K144?

Legend

This probably doesn't count as PS5 related...

Why 4K144?
Why not 4k144?

the-pi-guy

Why not 4k144?
Just not something that the PS5 could really handle. :P

I mean it could, just not particularly well.

kitler53

Just not something that the PS5 could really handle. :P

I mean it could, just not particularly well.
upscaling + VRR?

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Had a thought, is this the first time a non render PSVR2 has been posted?

Legend

Had a thought, is this the first time a non render PSVR2 has been posted?
Seems like it. Oops.

the-pi-guy

Jun 29, 2022, 08:45 PM Last Edit: Jun 29, 2022, 08:48 PM by the-pi-guy
Seems like it. Oops.
Seems someone got in trouble...

Funny after the dev said that it wasn't under NDA.  :P

Always check the NDA folks.

kitler53

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/29/playstation-plus-monthly-games-for-july-crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time-man-of-medan-arcadegeddon/

crash 4
men of medan
arcadegeddon

pretty good month imo.  crash 4 has been on my wishlist for a long time now so that saves me a few bucks.

nnodley

So i already feel like my ps plus upgrade was worth it.  Able to play returnal and a few other games i would likely have never bought.  But i guess we will have to wait and see as games get added if i keep the full sub at the end of the year. 

and playing some ps1/ps2 classics that i would likely have never bought either.  Like hot shots golf and jak

Go Up