General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Jun 01, 2022, 05:34 PM Last Edit: Jun 01, 2022, 05:38 PM by kitler53
At least you're definitely within the return window.
My PS5 3D headphones are great. Although I'm not an audiophile so maybe they're trash, I wouldn't know.
I have 3 sets: wired, Bluetooth, and PS5. 

PS5 audio quality is pretty good but not quite as good as my other sets.  the PS5 one has the worst comfort of the 3 however.  the over the ear part is too s'mall and for some reason a circle instead of an oval.  the head part lacks explicit adjustments which I don't like.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

just saw ps+ is giving me nickelodeon all star brawl. 

ps+ may not be giving me a ton of games I want for me but in the last twelve months or so I've gotten a ton of games my kid wants to play.  he's getting really good use of my sub. xD

nnodley

I've been thinking about how environments get kind of taken over by people. Roads and buildings replacing trees and grass, etc.  

This is usually how the future gets represented, as an extension of that.  But are there any where things take a wildly different direction due to technology?

Something like we have bioengineered a new type of plant that grows in the shape of a road. So now we drive on plants now.
I absolutely dread the idea of how future cities are presented.  Its just so blaaaaah.  Like I sincerely hope we never get any future cyberpunk style cities.  

BananaKing

That's terrible.  

I do over the ear headphones and have always been happy with Sony's headphone.  I get the mid range ~$200 ones.
Sony headphones are great. I personally like sennheiser, and I got a new ones on sale for just 90$. They are brilliant, would definitely recommend sennheiser if you care about audio quality

the-pi-guy

Tesla seems to be on a decline.

More pushback from investors, they've lost a lot of market cap.

There seems to be more pushback from fans. r/Teslamotors doesnt seem as positive for Elon as I recall them being a few years ago.  

I think they still have a slight lead with EVs, but there is better competition today than there ever has been.

The recent email seems to be putting off employees.

kitler53

everything is down in market cap.  

the fed printed 9 trillion dollars during the pandemic which caused high inflation and a huge stock market bubble.  

now the fed is just starting to remove 9 trillion dollars from the economy.   tbh I'm surprised tesla hasn't crashed more.  it reached 1200 a share but a more reasonable "fair" evaluation is like 200.  it's still over 700 and has a long way to crash. 

the-pi-guy

everything is down in market cap.  

the fed printed 9 trillion dollars during the pandemic which caused high inflation and a huge stock market bubble.  

now the fed is just starting to remove 9 trillion dollars from the economy.   tbh I'm surprised tesla hasn't crashed more.  it reached 1200 a share but a more reasonable "fair" evaluation is like 200.  it's still over 700 and has a long way to crash.

Money printing isn't true:

Fact check: Federal Reserve has balance sheet of $9 trillion

Tesla's stock has dropped pretty substantially following the Twitter deal.

Tesla, Twitter shares drop as Elon Musk's legal issues grow - ABC News

kitler53

Money printing isn't true:

Fact check: Federal Reserve has balance sheet of $9 trillion

Tesla's stock has dropped pretty substantially following the Twitter deal.

Tesla, Twitter shares drop as Elon Musk's legal issues grow - ABC News
That was quite possibly the worst journalism I've ever read.  

Of course when I say "printed" I'm talking about the balance sheet and not literally printed dollars.  And this line was the most hilarious:

The Federal Reserve does have a balance sheet of $9 trillion, but it hasn't added $8 trillion anytime recently. 
The link in her source linked to the wrong part of the fed's website.  Here's the data charted:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WALCL. (Notice the massive spike since the pandemic lockdown)

the fed has been actively quantitative easing since the start of the pandemic and just starting quantitative tapering.  It took me a long time to get my head around all of the jargon and nuance but to say the fed has been "printing" money is accurate enough.  

for the article to even suggest the fed hasn't added to the balance sheet recently is the most financially illiterate journalism though.  I've been watching ever jpow address to the nation recently and changes to the balance sheet is literally all that is being talked about…

With respect to the twitter deal,.. it had little to do with it.  Go look at apple or ms or google stock prices aligned,.. they all dropped in unison with Tesla.  This is a market wide selloff right now driven by the fed. 

the-pi-guy

That was quite possibly the worst journalism I've ever read.  

Of course when I say "printed" I'm talking about the balance sheet and not literally printed dollars.  And this line was the most hilarious:

The link in her source linked to the wrong part of the fed's website.  Here's the data charted:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WALCL. (Notice the massive spike since the pandemic lockdown)
Both of these charts show the same data.  

It shows a 3 trillion dollar spike at the start of covid and overall a 4.5 trillion dollar spike since the start of Covid.

It's not 9 trillion.  

the fed has been actively quantitative easing since the start of the pandemic and just starting quantitative tapering.  It took me a long time to get my head around all of the jargon and nuance but to say the fed has been "printing" money is accurate enough.  

for the article to even suggest the fed hasn't added to the balance sheet recently is the most financially illiterate journalism though.  I've been watching ever jpow address to the nation recently and changes to the balance sheet is literally all that is being talked about…

With respect to the twitter deal,.. it had little to do with it.  Go look at apple or ms or google stock prices aligned,.. they all dropped in unison with Tesla.  This is a market wide selloff right now driven by the fed.

Same general pattern, but MS, Apple, Google dropped around 16-19% YTD, Tesla has dropped 35% of it's share value this year.

Even in the past month, Tesla dropped 15%, whereas the rest dropped less than 6%, Google actually gained.

kitler53

Jun 03, 2022, 03:15 PM Last Edit: Jun 03, 2022, 03:24 PM by kitler53
Both of these charts show the same data. 

It shows a 3 trillion dollar spike at the start of covid and overall a 4.5 trillion dollar spike since the start of Covid.

It's not 9 trillion. 

Same general pattern, but MS, Apple, Google dropped around 16-19% YTD, Tesla has dropped 35% of it's share value this year.

Even in the past month, Tesla dropped 15%, whereas the rest dropped less than 6%, Google actually gained.

apple had a pe of ~30 at the top.

Tesla had a pe of 3000 at one point.  Tesla isn't being "punished" for Twitter or whatever.  it has a bigger correction because it was a bigger bubble stock.

as far as the rest goes,..   you're acknowledging the fed money printing so why are you calling it fake news.

the-pi-guy

So uh messed up thing.  

I googled someone's name (this person was in my community college Computer Science courses) because I saw someone who looked like them.

Only to find out that the person I was thinking of, is actually in prison for the next 30 or so years, due to stabbing a police officer.  

Yikes.

Legend

I went to denver comic con today. Practically zero video game things, just anime  :'(

the-pi-guy

Legend

Elon Musk's Dad Has Secret Second Kid with Stepdaughter - Rolling Stone

Gross.
Yuck. Expected it to be something from decades ago and maybe some technicality but nope, 3 years ago and she's less than half his age.

kitler53

Yuck. Expected it to be something from decades ago and maybe some technicality but nope, 3 years ago and she's less than half his age.
some high quality conservative family values there...

Go Up