TV Show Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Apr 29, 2019, 05:17 PM Last Edit: Apr 29, 2019, 06:09 PM by Xevross
Cross post from Era:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The direction of the episode was brilliant, Sapochnik did the best with the script he was given. The acting was also brilliant. Music was sensational. The problem for me is its just ruined because I don&#39;t feel any tension or suspense watching this show any more, because the writing is straight garbage. The number of times characters have been almost killed and then miraculously saved at the last minute these last few seasons is just comical at this point. Whenever I see any characters in a position like that I just automatically assume they&#39;re fine and I don&#39;t feel suspense at all. <br><br>I hoped this episode would be different as Sapochnik nailed it with his last two episodes, BoB was the last time I felt genuinely scared in a battle (when Jon was trapped and suffocating) and Winds with the sept blowing up I felt so much suspense in the build up, but this episode really missed the mark. I think episode 6 last season was the nail in the coffin in this regard, for me, after they all managed to escape that alive.<br><br>Any characters that do die, like Jorah and Beric in this episode are stabbed and injured straight away and its obvious where its going, the show draws out their deaths for emotion and makes it really obvious they&#39;re dying. Just makes it so there&#39;s no shocks any more.<br><br>You knew as soon as everyone was pinned down at the end but not being killed for... reasons... (I guess the wights suddenly decided hugs &gt; killing after all nameless guys were dead?) that the NK was about to be killed to save them all. Arya appearing out of nowhere didn&#39;t surprise me at all as a result, rather than being on the edge of my seat and being scared for all these characters, I was just sitting there waiting for that moment I knew was coming.