How did tentacles come out of your computer screen to touch you?  @_@

the-pi-guy

How did tentacles come out of your computer screen to touch you?  @_@

It's a secret. 

the-pi-guy

Legend

@Legend
Could you tell me about coil whine?

Coil whine is mechanical resonance of the coil with the frequency of the signal passing through it. Physically, a coil is just loops of wire, sometimes with a core other than air. If the frequency of the signal is in resonance with the physical wires of the coil, the coil may vibrate. Oft times, the vibration is beyond human hearing (yokes in TV's can do this), other times it's in the range of human hearing.

There are many electrical parts/circuits which can cause whining noises, so don't just assume you are hearing coils. "Annoying buzzing/electrical sounds" are unlikely to eminate from a coil - you have something else making noise. Whining is caused by a part (or parts) physically vibrating.

Unto itself, voltage is not going to cause a whining sound. Voltage is electrical potential (actually, EMF); current through a device is dependent on the voltage across it. With a CPU, changing the voltage probably changes the operating frequency of various components within the processor (I really don't know what is changed), however something is probably in resonance with the signal. If you can narrow down the source of the noise, you may be able to reduce or eliminate it. Try using the paper tube from a roll of paper towels to "listen" to various parts of your system to locate the source.

Also your picture is bs. Yuck

the-pi-guy

Coil whine is mechanical resonance of the coil with the frequency of the signal passing through it. Physically, a coil is just loops of wire, sometimes with a core other than air. If the frequency of the signal is in resonance with the physical wires of the coil, the coil may vibrate. Oft times, the vibration is beyond human hearing (yokes in TV's can do this), other times it's in the range of human hearing.

There are many electrical parts/circuits which can cause whining noises, so don't just assume you are hearing coils. "Annoying buzzing/electrical sounds" are unlikely to eminate from a coil - you have something else making noise. Whining is caused by a part (or parts) physically vibrating.

Unto itself, voltage is not going to cause a whining sound. Voltage is electrical potential (actually, EMF); current through a device is dependent on the voltage across it. With a CPU, changing the voltage probably changes the operating frequency of various components within the processor (I really don't know what is changed), however something is probably in resonance with the signal. If you can narrow down the source of the noise, you may be able to reduce or eliminate it. Try using the paper tube from a roll of paper towels to "listen" to various parts of your system to locate the source.
Also your picture is bs. Yuck

I know it's BS.  :P

I see lots of people basically say that high frame rates cause coil whine. 

Legend

I know it's BS.  :P

I see lots of people basically say that high frame rates cause coil whine. 

Eh I just copied the first thing I found on google.

DD_Bwest

Oct 30, 2014, 03:40 AM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014, 03:42 AM by DD_Bwest

keep watching till the end, it explains the beginning ;)

the-pi-guy

keep watching till the end, it explains the beginning ;)

Faith in humanity kind of restored, kind of...
And then you read the first comment, and then you want to punch someone.

DD_Bwest

Faith in humanity kind of restored, kind of...
And then you read the first comment, and then you want to punch someone.
you should be smart enough not to read youtube comments lol  its one of the worst sesspools out there lol

the-pi-guy

you should be smart enough not to read youtube comments lol  its one of the worst sesspools out there lol

I should be, but I never listen. 

darkknightkryta

NeverDies

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />