General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Insanity

What are you talking about, carl? You don't get to tell me kowen didn't deserve that after what he said. Say shame and get shame on in return. It's fair play.
I was reading the sales thread and saw a link to his comment there and bumped the thread to not let the gold go to waste. It's not like I was actively waiting for a chance to annoy kowen. Heck, I would've bumped it regardless of who had posted it...

How is posting a funny gif doing "dirty work"? If I had been aware of it before Riderz posted it here I would've considered posted it since it was a good fit.

Are you lot playing name british people until we pin the tail on the vgc member?

The point im making is that you really shouldnt be doing it. It doesnt matter if you would have posted the gif anyway because that didnt happen. You posted it knowing that it was from someone else with bad intentions. You posted something from someone here on another site that you know for a fact would get on someones nerves and exacerbate the already hostile situation. Having fun at kowenickis expense is fine because he deserves it half of the time but posting bait from another user who has bad intentions isnt.

Its pleasing to know that it wont be welcome on the new forum.

Riderz1337

Are you lot playing name british people until we pin the tail on the vgc member?

The point im making is that you really shouldnt be doing it. It doesnt matter if you would have posted the gif anyway because that didnt happen. You posted it knowing that it was from someone else with bad intentions. You posted something from someone here on another site that you know for a fact would get on someones nerves and exacerbate the already hostile situation. Having fun at kowenickis expense is fine because he deserves it half of the time but posting bait from another user who has bad intentions isnt.

Like I said before, had Kowen NOT posted that shaming reply where he says the whole "mob mentality" crud, I would have NEVER told someone to post that gif. You can even see I asked to quote him and linked it to the page where he makes that comment. The dude is just so salty so I thought the gif fit his personality well.

He deserved it, it's done now. Let's just move on Carl.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Insanity

Like I said before, had Kowen NOT posted that shaming reply where he says the whole "mob mentality" crud, I would have NEVER told someone to post that gif. You can even see I asked to quote him and linked it to the page where he makes that comment. The dude is just so salty so I thought the gif fit his personality well.

He deserved it, it's done now. Let's just move on Carl.

Youre not getting what im saying. kowenicki did deserve people jumping on him as so many people have had the same treatment in the past for stupid shame they say. What im saying is that users here shouldnt be causing aggro on vgc. Im pretty sure this is a one off and im only here to ask you lot to keep it as a one off.

Are we at an agreement?

Riderz1337

Let's be honest here, that salty gif didn't cause aggro. The damage was already done prior to that gif being posted, so I don't see the problem. If I linked to that thread and told someone on here to necro bump it, then I could see where you are coming from.

Insanity

Let's be honest here, that salty gif didn't cause aggro. The damage was already done prior to that gif being posted, so I don't see the problem. If I linked to that thread and told someone on here to necro bump it, then I could see where you are coming from.

Like i said earlier it exacerbates the entire thing. Just adds to the verbal diarreah being flung at kowenicki and gets more people jumping onto the salty bandwagon. The aggro was already there, the gif multiplied it.

So again are we at an agreement?

Dr. Pezus

I am pretty sure you're carl. But you're saying you're kowen then? In any case, I don't know why I should be making excuses. It was fun while it lasted and definitely something that needed to happen after his own claim. He called a user delusional and you had no problem with that, did you?

Dr. Pezus

Like i said earlier it exacerbates the entire thing. Just adds to the verbal diarreah being flung at kowenicki and gets more people jumping onto the salty bandwagon. The aggro was already there, the gif multiplied it.

Why did the gif multiply it? Only one user responded to it, I believe. Everyone else was already saying how ridiculous kowen looked. Maybe it helps serve as a lesson for him to be less condescending in the future

ethomaz

I think you are overreacting Carl.

I mean there is no problem to post somebody else request in another forum... and the gif express exactly what most users in VGC are saying abou him.

Kowen created the hostile situation to himself... nobody help him about that instead hinself.

You know... that happened with me a lot of times and I just admitted was wrong and laught with the guys... I even post the gifs for myself bey case it is cool and fun.

Riderz1337

At an agreement for what? You're telling us to not post insinuating posts on VGChartz?

ethomaz

He want that you have the same opinion about what happened.

Not just understand what he is saying but agree with him because he think he is the only right opinion.

People are different... so the right and wrong is subjective... nobody is forced to agree with what Carl's said.

Riderz1337

Honestly, I lost all respect for Kowen after he made that snarly little comment towards Legend. baby move.

Riderz1337

I started playing Splinter Cell Blackslist a while back but then I stopped...Anyone here played it? How is it? I think I only got like 4-5 missions into the game.

the-pi-guy

I'm a bit confused at what the problem here is.   

The problem is only because someone posted a gif, because someone else asked the gif to be posted? 
The only way that becomes a problem is if Ninsect wouldn't have posted the gif in the first place. 
Cut Riderz out of the equation, would Ninsect have posted such a gif if he knew about it?  I'm guessing he would've, and seeing as how Ninsect is a member of VGC, it is pretty much a nonissue according to you. 

I don't see how the gif multiplied anything.  Only 3 posts out of the 60+ even noted the gif. 
2 of those were quotes about how they liked the gif.  There were already 20 or so posts about Kowen before that and there certainly would've been as many posts about Kowen regardless. 

Insanity

Aug 10, 2014, 04:36 PM Last Edit: Aug 10, 2014, 04:39 PM by Insanity

I am pretty sure you're carl. But you're saying you're kowen then? In any case, I don't know why I should be making excuses. It was fun while it lasted and definitely something that needed to happen after his own claim. He called a user delusional and you had no problem with that, did you?

Im not saying im anyone. Who i am doesnt matter be it carl or kowen or whoever. Think of me as a middle man.

He called many people delusional with what he said and he was wrong to do it as the numbers show. I disagree with it but what he said isnt at the core of what im saying or what im trying to do here with you and riderz. I think he was wrong to try put down vizioneck to Legend too.

Why did the gif multiply it? Only one user responded to it, I believe. Everyone else was already saying how ridiculous kowen looked. Maybe it helps serve as a lesson for him to be less condescending in the future

It multiplies how much it will have been pissing kowenicki off. Its a needless bump. It makes more people want to join in because its humorous. Look at it from a different point of view.

I think you are overreacting Carl.

I mean there is no problem to post somebody else request in another forum... and the gif express exactly what most users in VGC are saying abou him.

It is a problem when it is bait from a user who is banned ethomaz.

At an agreement for what? You're telling us to not post insinuating posts on VGChartz?

Im asking not telling. I cant do diddly squat to any of you but i can at least try to build bridges and cut down the hostility.

And splinter cell blacklist is brilliant.

and this forums quote function is a million times greater than vgc.

Dr. Pezus

You're as much a middle man as mustacheman is.

I don't think someone unknown posting a dancing salt gif multiplied his feelings but okay, if you think so. Anyway, I am of the opinion that kowen deserved to get pissed off for what he said. Can't go around saying stuff like that without consequences. He could've handled how he responded far better too.

What was a needless bump? My original one (the only real bump in there)? I don't think so.

Go Up