General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Riderz1337

How big is a digital movie?

2-4 GB on HD

Varies depending on the length of the film.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

I don't know.  :P
Just want an estimate. 

720p with a decent bitrate is almost always in the 4GB area (4-5GB). Might be more if it's a very long movie. The 1080p movies vary widely depending on their bitrate. Most of them are 7GB+.

If you're not looking for HD, the SD movies are most of the time around 700MB.

riderz says 2-4GB for HD but the 2GB ones have shaming bitrate so I would not watch them myself.

Dr. Pezus

Bought Papers, Please for $2.99 on Steam. Dis gon'be gud

Dr. Pezus

Hmm ACIV is 50% off now. Not low enough for me ;(

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Riderz1337

720p with a decent bitrate is almost always in the 4GB area (4-5GB). Might be more if it's a very long movie. The 1080p movies vary widely depending on their bitrate. Most of them are 7GB+.

If you're not looking for HD, the SD movies are most of the time around 700MB.

riderz says 2-4GB for HD but the 2GB ones have shaming bitrate so I would not watch them myself.

What is up with this bitrate crud? I download 1080P movies that are usually 1.5-2GB and they look excellent. I always see people saying the lower the file size the crappier the bitrate, but I can't say I've ever had any issues with films that are 2 GB.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

ethomaz

What is up with this bitrate crud? I download 1080P movies that are usually 1.5-2GB and they look excellent. I always see people saying the lower the file size the crappier the bitrate, but I can't say I've ever had any issues with films that are 2 GB.

For small screen like notebook it will be fine but to play in a HDTV 40"+ you will see how crud it is.

Dr. Pezus

What is up with this bitrate crud? I download 1080P movies that are usually 1.5-2GB and they look excellent. I always see people saying the lower the file size the crappier the bitrate, but I can't say I've ever had any issues with films that are 2 GB. This means a low bitrate is especially noticeable when there's some movement

Case in point: blu ray movies take up most of the Blu Ray disc. When you rip a movie you can lower the bitrate to make a smaller file. It's basically the amount of information or detail per second

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

1:
I'm very disappointed in how Marvelous Interactive is utilizing the Harvest Moon series.  6 DS games, 3 3DS games.  I feel that is far too much.  Mostly because they are pretty much ignoring other platforms.  It makes sense for them to do that, but I don't like it. 

2: 
I'm very worried about LittleBigPlanet 3.  The usage of new characters that do different things could divide the gameplay.  I hope it doesn't become a necessity for 4 players.  Multiplayer is nice, but it isn't something I want to use all the time. 

3:
I think for the best PM experience (used with the Move controllers) would be to dedicate most of the buttons to leg movements.  The back button, I guess feels incredibly natural for grabbing, so I'd use that for grabbing, and perhaps the trigger button for pressing some buttons. 
But then all the other buttons, will be used for walking, running, etc, leg movements... 

the-pi-guy

4:
Writing thank you cards are hard, though they are overdue. 

the-pi-guy

5:
I feel like it would be really awesome if the forum made a game together.   Maybe not though. 

Dr. Pezus

Bought Wolf Among Us on Steam. 66% off. Somebody help me

Xevross

Bought Wolf Among Us on Steam. 66% off. Somebody help me

I'll take your card away from you.

Go Up