Predict day one games for next gen systems

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jan 13, 2020, 04:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

PS5:
-Horizon 2   - Rationale: It will be nearly 4 years since Horizon came out.  Out of all the Sony studios they are one of the most likely to have a title ready. 
-New IP from Sony Japan   - Rationale.  They're beasts, they're the biggest Sony studio. 

Overall that's pretty much PS4's release.... 
Riskier:
-New IP from Insomniac Games

Xbox Series X:
-Halo Infinite
-Forza Horizon 5

Both:
Assassin's Creed next game
Call of Duty next game
FIFA 2021
DICE game (BattleField VI?)
Just Dance 2021
NBA 2K21
Madden 2021

I'll try coming back with less obvious ones... 
feel like a good guess.

for sony naughty dog as TLoU launching earlier this year and sucker punch is suppose to out before the holiday too so those studio's are spent. so horizon 2 from GG sounds like a pretty good guess.  however, it is worth mentioning that polyphony's last game was 2017 as well so they are due for a release.  i wouldn't be too surprised if the next GT was at released at launch either.

also, santa monica has been quiet for a while.  i imagine GoW 2 will be a spring release when it comes but spring 2021 is possible. 

lastly,.. with BC in place a "re-release" might not actually make much sense but I can see TLoU 2 and ghost of tsushima getting re-released in ps5's packaging at launch.  it would be useful for those casuals that might not understand BC in a console.  they'll feel better buying  a game that explicitly states the system they are buying.

for xbox i think halo is enough.   i believe that is already confirmed.   forza is certainly going to be in the release window but if i were MS i would spread that out by at least a few weeks.  but what do i know.

for both systems there will be some smaller titles as well.  downloadable only types.  doesn't seem worth trying to guess at those.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens