The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

A while ago, I was at EAA, and I got to try something that was kind of like a VR set.  It had a display that you held onto your face.  You could drive around a car by turning the headset. Low resolution, bad.  It was interesting, it wasn't great though.
Today, they had a GearVR set up at BestBuy so I tried it out.  I only got to see a little menu thing.  I wasn't sure how to work the thing.  It looked good, even though I could see pixels.  It just felt great though.  I don't know what it was exactly, it just felt great.  It was just a little menu, it felt fairly comfortable, but it was just crazy cool to be able to look around. I'm so excited for the real thing!

I kinda feel like a lot of people are expecting it to be like the first thing I experienced.  Interesting, but not worth buying.  

Vr on Gearvr is pretty amazing. If it wasn't for that screen door effect it would have been truly great. I think people are going to be blown away by the real headsets.

Mmm_fish_tacos

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  VR skeptic turned into a believer after trying the HTC Vive

HTC Vive report "The truth is the Vive is ready for prime time. Even someone as jaded as me recognizes that everyone -- including my 75 year old mother -- will want a VR system. That's not hyperbole, that's seeing 100 people play the Vive for 5 minutes each and come away with giant grins and credit cards waving. VR is happening. " Would be curious to hear from those that are skeptical of VR if this article in any way makes them more curious about it.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Get a job or two.
Already have one lol... And school too. I can easily afford it, but want to try it first

Legend

Already have one lol... And school too. I can easily afford it, but want to try it first
Check your library.

The ones around here have had vr since dk1.

Dr. Pezus

Check your library.

The ones around here have had vr since dk1.
I really really really don't think any library has one here Hehe

the-pi-guy

I really really really don't think any library has one here Hehe
Library is an interesting place.  
Don't think mine has it.  Maybe the bigger cities.  

Check an electronics store.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Motion sickness, even in EVE Valkyrie's 3D space combat, had never happened to me in VR until Elite Dangerous. In space, while piloting a fighter craft, I found it natural to think about combat in a 3D way -- I could head off, avoid, or get the jump on an opponent easily, aside from my stomach feeling like it was climbing up my chest.
Elite's convincing physics had my brain struggling to adapt to the inertia and weight of pursuit. On the ground -- in the Elite: Dangerous - Horizons buggy -- I had the same issue. I wasn't thinking completely in 3D, but the low-gravity planet, combined with the ability to easily topple or flip my vehicle, had me uncomfortable almost the entire time.
As I assume I'd feel offworld, too.
I don't think I'll play Elite in VR. It's excellent, no doubt, with contextual menus popping and fading based on where I'm looking and what I need -- but even my typically steel stomach and adaptable brain struggled with the unfamiliar physics that make this a great space sim.

:(

Valve VR: Hands-On With 12 Vive Games - IGN

the-pi-guy

Motion sickness, even in EVE Valkyrie's 3D space combat, had never happened to me in VR until Elite Dangerous. In space, while piloting a fighter craft, I found it natural to think about combat in a 3D way -- I could head off, avoid, or get the jump on an opponent easily, aside from my stomach feeling like it was climbing up my chest.
Elite's convincing physics had my brain struggling to adapt to the inertia and weight of pursuit. On the ground -- in the Elite: Dangerous - Horizons buggy -- I had the same issue. I wasn't thinking completely in 3D, but the low-gravity planet, combined with the ability to easily topple or flip my vehicle, had me uncomfortable almost the entire time.
As I assume I'd feel offworld, too.
I don't think I'll play Elite in VR. It's excellent, no doubt, with contextual menus popping and fading based on where I'm looking and what I need -- but even my typically steel stomach and adaptable brain struggled with the unfamiliar physics that make this a great space sim.

:(

Valve VR: Hands-On With 12 Vive Games - IGN
So realistic, it hurts!  

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

I saw this on chertz.  It was a link to a tweet, but the twitter account has since been deleted. 

Rumour: PSVR to cost $300 just for the headset with an addition package with camera and move controllers costing £129

Go Up