PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

DerNebel

I really hope you are wrong. PSX was great and I'd rather believe it was axed due to a lack of content, not a transition to States of Play.
Don't think there's necessarily a connection there, I think they've realized that their consumer base has ridiculously high expectations whenever they hold a live event, so they are looking to only have them when they can really knock it out of the park. Not like people don't have some unrealistic expectations for State of Plays either, but I think Sony still has some news they want to get out this year and maybe they want to do that on their terms instead of using something like the TGA's.

Anyways I'm not entirely pulling this out of thin air. RE3 Remake was leaked on PSN today and ZhugeEx made this twitter post:

And who has had RE marketing in recent years and could potentially whip out an event spontaneously like that? Sony.

Also the official Playstation Youtube channel has updated the State of Play playlist yesterday for some reason. Maybe added some videos that aren't public yet?

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/playlists

Not to long ago we also had a Dreams release date "leak" from some retailer, who tweeted it would release next February, plus the game got rated in Australia. This might be nothing but I imagine an announcement for that is imminent as well.

Plus I honestly don't think that they'd go the entire year without showing anything new on Ghost of Tsushima, but maybe that's just my optimism.