PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rorono

The Order PS4 bundle in EU will cost 420€ apparently

BananaKing

The Order PS4 bundle in EU will cost 420€ apparently

pretty smart pricing if you ask me. they still make money from it but it still offers a good deal for anyone looking to pick up a PS4. it can move systems while being profitable.

Rorono

Indeed. Wonder if the UK price will be 319 pounds or more than that

Btw i'm lazy so i'll post here instead of going to the Amazon topic
PS4 went back up in price again (290 to 310)
XB1 still 290 pounds, i think Wii U also went on sale at 210 pounds or is that its regular price?

Dr. Pezus

Indeed. Wonder if the UK price will be 319 pounds or more than that

Btw i'm lazy so i'll post here instead of going to the Amazon topic
PS4 went back up in price again (290 to 310)
XB1 still 290 pounds, i think Wii U also went on sale at 210 pounds or is that its regular price?
WiiU Premium? I think it has no set price by Nintendo in the UK.

Rorono

Daylight exterior on The Order are gonna look insane

0:27 look to the left
then 0:33 to 0:34

best lighting ever?

darkknightkryta

I'd have to sink my hands into the game to really tell what's going on.  It doesn't really look any better than what Assassin's Creed Unity is doing.  But that indoor shot with the guy in cover.  That was actually pretty impressive cause it looked like the room was being lit by indirect lighting from outside.

Rorono

Well even if the system is similar to Unity i'd expect it to look better here overall thanks to better surface textures and, specially, lack of jaggies anywhere (though that isn't lighting itself, just the whole picture)

Btw given recent sales news

I now predict +35M PS4s sold by the end 2015
Only a little over 35M though. Maybe 35.5M, or close to 36M
It'll sell ~3M more than in 2014 (was 14.3M)

Xevross

Well even if the system is similar to Unity i'd expect it to look better here overall thanks to better surface textures and, specially, lack of jaggies anywhere (though that isn't lighting itself, just the whole picture)

I reckon it'll sell another 18.5m in 2015 to reach 37m total :)

Rorono

I reckon it'll sell another 18.5m in 2015 to reach 37m total :)

But it sold 14.3M in 2014, not 18.5. 18.5 is LTD

Xevross

But it sold 14.3M in 2014, not 18.5. 18.5 is LTD

Correct...

Rorono

Correct...

Isn't a 4.2M growth YoY a bit too much? I mean, it's doable, but Sony would have to do great pricing throughout the whole year and I don't see them doing that.

Xevross

Isn't a 4.2M growth YoY a bit too much? I mean, it's doable, but Sony would have to do great pricing throughout the whole year and I don't see them doing that.

I'm optimistic and it would fit nicely haha.

Well tbh, I would say it is possible. The software line up for this year is miles better and it will undoubtedly be cheaper to buy even if its not official from Sony. We will see

Rorono

The Germans really love PS4..

http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Somewhat overpriced bundle at #3!
That's the PS3's launch price.. for just TLOU + additional controller and a camera

darkknightkryta

I only meant the lighting.  Like I remember watching the glitch videos for Unity and when the main character walked into that building from outside, the way the room was being lit was similar to what's going on in The Order.  But that one scene in the Order with, possibly, the indirect lighting was really advanced.  Assuming it wasn't baked or something.

Raven

Actually, if Sony drops the price early enough and has good holiday deals it could do even better. Second year sales are almost always higher than the first year and sometimes to a significant degree. Not to mention this year they have a lot more exclusives compared to 2014 and several of which are much bigger deals than any first party game the PS4 has so far.

Go Up