Stop acting hostile

Started by Legend, Feb 16, 2017, 07:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

We've seen a growing trend of hostility on our forum and it's not acceptable. VizionEck forum is a club where every member knows everyone else. We'll disagree with each other regularly but we're all a single team.

We all have slightly different perspectives on the world and naturally view our own in the best light, but we all must agree that infighting is moronic. I doubt there's a single active member here that hasn't noticed and been frustrated by its increase. At the same time, I doubt there's a member that blames the infighting on themself.

The mod team is stepping up to be more proactive in stopping this. We will hand out warnings when we notice something going south. It's your job to take these warnings as accurate and true, even when you disagree with them. Most likely we've received reports for the post and it's not just our opinion. If you brush off a warning it helps no one.

On that note, Max King of the Wild is now banned. He received a warning for a post and laughed at it. We moderated him so that all his posts required mod approval before showing publically. Then he posted a mod was a "crustard." For that he was banned from posting, but he continued to use the report system to repeat that statement. This earned him a full website ban until further notice.

This behaviour is so horribly out of line yet Max still thinks he's in the right.

If you can't accept when you screw up, or even that you could have done things better, there's no way to improve our forum. Lots of members who consider themselves good posters will start to get mod messages and that's ok. As long as you don't respond like Max did, you're still a good member here.

We'll also start publically disclosing when a member is moderated (not just warned). This will usually come in the form of an edit on their post. If it starts to form some "justice" desire like on the Chertz then we'll stop, but I believe it'll be helpful for posters to see that the mods are active and involved.

I also think it'd be nice to have some positive reinforcement for great friendly posts so that might happen in the future.

-Legend

BananaKing

This is aimed at you, Pi guy.

the-pi-guy

This is aimed at you, Pi guy.
Who are you calling hostile???!!
Try saying that my face!  
I'll fight you!!

ethomaz

Feb 16, 2017, 10:22 PM Last Edit: Feb 16, 2017, 10:24 PM by ethomaz
What happened?

Edit - I read now... I missed the conversation.

Legend

What happened?

Edit - I read now... I missed the conversation.
Well in general it's been happening in a lot of threads. The mod team has been thinking about how to handle this for weeks.

ethomaz

Well in general it's been happening in a lot of threads. The mod team has been thinking about how to handle this for weeks.
Well good luck ;)

Miguel_Zorro

Mike is so fed up that he asked me to come over and help out.  I hope you're satisfied!

Legend

Mike is so fed up that he asked me to come over and help out.  I hope you're satisfied!
I'm glad to see you received my telepathic message.

GribbleGrunger

Could you define what you consider 'hostility'? I think that would be helpful. I don't want my balls cutting off.

Xevross

Could you define what you consider 'hostility'? I think that would be helpful. I don't want my balls cutting off.
Posting more than 2 updates in the Amazon thread in one day

GribbleGrunger

the-pi-guy

-Dont call other users things that are insulting.  
-If you're in a discussion, make posts about the discussion; not about how the other user is being difficult. (this one is tricky to explain)
-Take mod warnings to heart.

Oh yeah, Gribble is so close to a permanent.  /S.

Not really.

GribbleGrunger

-Dont call other users things that are insulting.  
-If you're in a discussion, make posts about the discussion; not about how the other user is being difficult. (this one is tricky to explain)
-Take mod warnings to heart.

Oh yeah, Gribble is so close to a permanent.  /S.

Not really.
I come from VGC ... That's easy for me to understand.

Argue the point, not the personality. Got it.

Legend

I come from VGC ... That's easy for me to understand.

Argue the point, not the personality. Got it.
Pretty much.

Dr. Pezus

You can disagree with a mod, for sure. We will listen.

However, directly resorting to insulting comments about said mod is not disagreement, it's just flaming. Rest assured that we'd moderate for similar behavior towards non-mods here.