General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I wish we were having more clouds here. My grass is so brown.

BananaKing

I wish we were having more clouds here. My grass is so brown.
At least you have grass.

Legend

At least you have grass.
Do you have rocks/some nice thing or is it just dirt and concrete?

Or just no yard to begin with?

nnodley

Yeah we are probably borderline drought here.  We don't get hardly any nice all day soaking rains and it's usually heavy downpours so it all runs off and doesn't help water anything.  Not the worst or hottest summer we have had here, but we have had better.

Xevross

Do you have rocks/some nice thing or is it just dirt and concrete?

Or just no yard to begin with?
He has sand! ;)

Yeah we are probably borderline drought here.  We don't get hardly any nice all day soaking rains and it's usually heavy downpours so it all runs off and doesn't help water anything.  Not the worst or hottest summer we have had here, but we have had better.
We've been borderline drought before but its not usually because of hot weather, just a weird lack of rain. I think its been raining enough in the hills for us to avoid a drought. Maybe we'll get there, but normally we'd have had a hosepipe ban by now.

the-pi-guy

It's nice and green here .

nnodley

He has sand! ;)
We've been borderline drought before but its not usually because of hot weather, just a weird lack of rain. I think its been raining enough in the hills for us to avoid a drought. Maybe we'll get there, but normally we'd have had a hosepipe ban by now.
We have been having these close to drought or full on drought more and more frequently.  There actually is a line of rain heading for us right now, but it will either die out or will be heavy downpour for 30 minutes and thats it. So it will run off most peoples yards into ditches and then run to certain areas that always have standing water.  And then have our poorly executed midwest super humid hot weather.  Heat indexes up into the 110's or higher.  Not as bad as some people have it but it still sucks.

Xevross

Happy bad choices day to my 'Murican friends ;)

Legend

Happy bad choices day to my 'Murican friends ;)
Well maybe you guys shouldn't have taxed the tea so much!

Xevross

Well maybe you guys shouldn't have taxed the tea so much!
Hey, our King needed that money for his big parties and feasts! ;D

the-pi-guy

Nah the real problem is that we weren't allowed to representated in government.  

Should have given us a seat or two in parliament.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Its 37c here. I'd take you 30c all day everyday and be super happy about it.

Xevross

Nah the real problem is that we weren't allowed to representated in government.  

Should have given us a seat or two in parliament.  
That's not how colonies work!

I actually know about 100x more about American independence and early American history than I did this time last year. Listening to Hamilton made me look it up and read about it to learn what actually happened. It is very interesting.

You probably have air conditioning though right?

the-pi-guy

We had our 37c weather for a weekend. Not a fan.

It's a nice 27 today, but it feels like 32 .

That's not how colonies work!

I actually know about 100x more about American independence and early American history than I did this time last year. Listening to Hamilton made me look it up and read about it to learn what actually happened. It is very interesting.
Yeah, well we don't wanna be colonies anymore.  On this day, July 4th, we declare our independence! 

So you went from knowing nothing to knowing a few things!  Good man.  ;)

Xevross

Yeah, well we don't wanna be colonies anymore.  On this day, July 4th, we declare our independence!  

So you went from knowing nothing to knowing a few things!  Good man.  ;)
Why do you guys more commonly call it "fourth of july" rather than "independence day"? Seems weird to me.

Go Up