TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I've heard complaints that Cavill is too dull (as Geralt), but that's pretty much how Geralt is in witcher 3 at least. I'm impressed by the sword fighting, which is just amazing compared to most shows.
Sword fighting is phenomenal, that part near the end of episode 1 blew me away. Watched 5 episodes now and I'm liking it a lot but the writing is a bit weird and confusing at times. This definitely won't be the next game of thrones as some pople are suggesting, its going to put too many people off.

Dr. Pezus

Dec 26, 2019, 08:47 PM Last Edit: Dec 26, 2019, 08:49 PM by Dr. Pezus
In the first 3 episodes there have already been 2 Icelandic actors playing some semi major characters. Didn't know beforehand.

Both of them killed quite early tho lol

Dr. Pezus

In the first 3 episodes there have already been 2 Icelandic actors playing some semi major characters. Didn't know beforehand.

Both of them killed quite early tho lol
No one is back! Timelines are a bit confusing  but I'm really digging it. Will be cool to see if Ciri's father is the same as in the games

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Wow, episode 5 of the witcher was very well done. Can't see how some say they only like it because of the games. It's a unique show, always surprising, with some mysterious but fun characters

Legend

Jan 01, 2020, 09:08 PM Last Edit: Jan 01, 2020, 09:20 PM by Legend
Finished the witcher. I liked it a fair amount.

Wow, episode 5 of the witcher was very well done. Can't see how some say they only like it because of the games. It's a unique show, always surprising, with some mysterious but fun characters
I was really confused by the law of surprise stuff. I can only imagine how confused non players/readers would be in other episodes as well.

Xevross

Finished the witcher. I liked it a fair amount.

I was really confused by the law of suprise stuff. I can only imagine how confused non players/readers would be in other episodes as well.
Yeah there's a lot of stuff the show doesn't explain well at all. I get the need to have a prologue but jumping around so much like that and not giving enough details was kinda weird. Hopefully from season 2 on it'll be a bit more normal.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah there's a lot of stuff the show doesn't explain well at all. I get the need to have a prologue but jumping around so much like that and not giving enough details was kinda weird. Hopefully from season 2 on it'll be a bit more normal.
I thought it added to the mystery

the-pi-guy

I thought it added to the mystery
It's not a mystery show, Pez!  

Dr. Pezus

It's not a mystery show, Pez!  
Fantasy/mystery  :o

the-pi-guy

Fantasy/mystery  :o
Those aren't the same thing!  

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

Shieeet….I didn't realize the expanse season 4 had 100% on rotten tomatoes.  Now i'm even more excited to get to that season.  Halfway through season 3 and its so fudgy good.

Dr. Pezus

Shieeet….I didn't realize the expanse season 4 had 100% on rotten tomatoes.  Now i'm even more excited to get to that season.  Halfway through season 3 and its so fudgy good.
Season 3 was a bit better though imo but nothing really wrong with season 4. You'll see

nnodley

Seriously as i've been watching The Expanse I really wish i was born later cause if space flight becomes a common thing, i want to be a part of it.  But definitely not happening in my lifetime unfortunately.  Unless we have some super magical breakthroughs within a decade it ain't happening.

Makes me super sad.  :'(

Go Up